Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Dumbshtein analytics has ruined baseball.

Flat out stupid

MDS

clicked on cf...saw j post here...knew hed whine about 'analytics'

the game is forever ruined because one manager made a move 0 people agreed with. rip baseball.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 27, 2020, 10:29:46 PM
Kevin Cash may have just blown the Rays' chance of getting to Game 7.

That was the most incredibly stupid move by a manager I have ever seen in a WS!  Dave Roberts got Dave Roberts'd
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

What was also shocking was the last two batters for TB took strike 3 looking.  Unreal, those last three batters wanted out of Arlington so bad.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 27, 2020, 11:11:42 PM
clicked on cf...saw j post here...knew hed whine about 'analytics'

the game is forever ruined because one manager made a move 0 people agreed with. rip baseball.

and I equally knew that you'd be here defending the idiocy of bookworms taking over a sport.

MDS

there is not a single soul defending the move...its just such a straw man argument to dismiss "analytics" because one move in one game one manager made was dumb. roberts managed g5/6 perfectly. the dodgers roster construction was flawless. im sure this all done with a couple of old dudes in the back room smoking cigars and using their guts.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Blahhhh blah blah

SOMETIMES analytics have a place. But that horseshtein with how managers are told to handle pitchers? No. Oh he's going to face a lineup for the third time? The horror. Maybe for some guys you lift them. But when you have your top starters dealing? Or shtein anyone who is throwing a good game...leave them in.

MDS

the data for SP's facing hitters a 3rd time is there. you can choose to ignore it or not, but the facts bear out. does that mean that pitchers must *always* come out after facing 18 batters? no.

in this particular case, it was evident snell was dealing. it was stupid to take him out. most of the time its the right and obvious move to make. for this game, didnt take a math whiz to figure out what to do. cash did the wrong thing. his team lost, as it shouldve.

ice grillin you

QuoteThe Dodgers played 18 postseason games. Every one of them was started by a pitcher who has spent his entire professional career in the LA organization.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Gonsolin, who started two games in the World Series, was taken in the 9th round of the Moniak draft.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 28, 2020, 04:35:11 PM
QuoteThe Dodgers played 18 postseason games. Every one of them was started by a pitcher who has spent his entire professional career in the LA organization.

Now I'm going to really puke.

As Hawaii has always been a big Dodgers market been watching/following this organization for decades (no, not as far back as Brooklyn) but they have been masterful at home grown talent.  Mind boggling it's been 33 years for this franchise.  Same issue in the 70's, that team was loaded - Garvey, Baker, Cey, Lopes, Russell, Yeager, Sutton, etc.  Only won in '81 during two season strike year.

PhillyPhreak54

76yr Ole Tony LaRussa is the new manager of the White Sox

ice grillin you

lol wtf

QuoteTony La Russa has managed in 2.3 percent of all games in MLB History.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

The Milwaukee reliever won the ROY. Bohm was second.

And news comes out Pops LaRussa was pinched for another DUI in Feb.

So the BoSox and Tigers hires cheaters and the ChiSox hire an 80yr old drunk.