Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I love a good burger too.

But a nice ribeye with mushroom and onions sautéed and potatoes? In.

MDS

texas J coming through

no but really i love steak, too
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Not really the correct thread for this but I bought one of these last weekend.  I've used it three times and it's the best damn grill I've ever had.

I've cooked steaks, chicken & burgers on it and in each case it's cooked them perfectly.  You do need to keep the lid on it and flip them just once each, but if you resist the urge to peek, they come out exactly right.  The strip steaks I cooked were dead perfect medium with 6 minutes on each side at around 400 degrees.

As expensive as restaurants are these days, cooking out is much more preferable to me and mine. 

$200 at Lowe's, btw.

Sgt PSN

Ive got a similar grill that I use for tailgating. Actually, it's the same exact grill without the side shelves. Not a bad grill but definitely not the best I've ever had either. Perfect for games though.

Diomedes

I have one of those in my basement that some rich airhead was afraid to use because it was left open and some birds pooped on it.  Going to sell it for some mad free money yo.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

how much dio....my boy who cooks at our tailgates would def be interested
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Free to your buddy if you're not kidding.  Still needs to be cleaned, but it's in good shape.  Been stored in my basement for more than a year now.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

dead serious

ill email you to set up an exchange time

whats your favorite bottle....that will be the payment
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 18, 2014, 09:39:49 AM
Ive got a similar grill that I use for tailgating. Actually, it's the same exact grill without the side shelves. Not a bad grill but definitely not the best I've ever had either. Perfect for games though.

I've had Weber grills for at least 20 years.  I've had the larger executive model as well as the charcoal dealio.   It's just us three now so this one is ideal.

My brother in law caught some fish at the beach pier yesterday and gave us a few grouper fillets to grill.  I seasoned them and braised them with butter and lemon then stuck them in tin foil and cooked them up. 

So delicious.

Seabiscuit36

You honestly can't go wrong with a weber.  I picked up one of the stainless steel genesis series last spring, and its fantastic. Somehow I managed to get 8 years out of a charbroil, when I had hoped to only have it 3 since it was a gift from my inlaws the day before i was to pick up a Weber. 

The simple fact is, they use better alloys than competition. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Weber is an excellent brand,  no doubt about that. I love the travel grill, but it definitely has is limitations.  Great for tailgating,  not so much for everyday grilling.

I bought this grill at lowes last summer on clearance just before labor day. It's made by one of the name brand companies (I forget which one) and is packaged with a different name. Anyway, I think I paid $179 for it and while it certainly isn't the best grill on the market, it's really farging good and the temp controls on this thing are legit. I'd be surprised if I could by a significantly better grill for under $300.

http://www.brandsmartusa.com/product/175874/product.htm?gclid=CMn79r6xuL4CFbIDOgodghIAWA#reviews

smeags

k've had a weber silver series for 15plus years. for the first time i have to get some parts, the main grate and the drip protectors.

love the grill though.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Was getting drunk with my girl on Sunday, decided to go on hotels.com to see if we could find a deal. Harrah's AC had rooms for $35. So we booked. Get to AC, hit up the Palm (have gift cards). Got the 18 ounce new york strip, the asparagus fritte, the Gigi salad, and the scallops wrapped in bacon. Steak was great, not top 5 but definitely great. Asparagus was so so, Gigi salad was delicious, and the scallops wrapped with bacon were good. Drinks were ok.

We go to check in at Harrahs and they offer us a free upgrade for a suite. Thought it was just going to be a slightly upgraded room, but it was in a special section of the hotel, with a full huge bathroom with a walk in shower, jacuzzi, full kitchen, separate bathroom, huge living room, and a separate room with a bed. Everything was granite and marble. Couldn't ask for much more for $35. Harrah's has a cool pool that my girl loves.

Hit up the Continental for lunch. Had the Pad Thai. Not bad. Drank the Grape Crush and a Pomargarita ($5 during HH).

Munson

They gave you a free upgrade? Those mother fargers....I was down there for two days about 3 weeks ago and they didn't offer us shtein.

I got a free upgrade to the Waterfront Tower once there, that was pretty cool. Wasn't a full suite though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54