Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 14, 2013, 02:01:57 PM
god i love oysters but i cant/wont eat them unless they are raw....seems like such blasephmy to waste them any other way

i love the oyster house in philly
one of my favorite places
last month we went and got a $34 dozen oysters
i swear to god tho they might have been the single best thing ive ever eaten in my life

we are doing timbuktu crabcakes on saturday afternoon so we can misss the douchey valentines crowd and specials.....sit at the bar get all ripped up and eat heaven
I like fried oyster poboy's, but prefer raw oysters with tabasco and lemon.  This winter we've loaded up on raw oysters picking up chesapeake salty's or locals.  My neighbors have a hard time going two weeks without us grabbing a 100.  Tonight we're hitting up the normal haunt in north east Steak and Main The oyster bar there is money, Thursday is raw oyster bar night, so i'll load up.   
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

lol.

Scallops.  They look and smell delicious.  Every time I try eating them I want to vomit until my sphincter comes out.  I don't get it how something can look and smell so good and taste so terrible. 

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 14, 2013, 02:22:27 PM
clams are sooooo good....however for some reason im allergic to clams and mussles but not oysters so i cant eat them or i get super ill and not in the way i normally am
iodine levels are higher i think in clams and muscles
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 14, 2013, 02:25:36 PM
Scallops.  They look and smell delicious.  Every time I try eating them I want to vomit until my sphincter comes out.  I don't get it how something can look and smell so good and taste so terrible.

i think scallops are good but i cant get past the texture...ill eat them mixed into pasta or other stuff but i cant just down a huge hunk o scallop

ridiculously good seafood salad i had a couple weeks ago with shrimp octopus scallops and squid

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 14, 2013, 02:27:07 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 14, 2013, 02:22:27 PM
clams are sooooo good....however for some reason im allergic to clams and mussles but not oysters so i cant eat them or i get super ill and not in the way i normally am
iodine levels are higher i think in clams and muscles

hmmm interesting...could never understand how you could get deathly sick from some shelfish and not others...i thought you were allergic to all or none

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 14, 2013, 02:25:29 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 14, 2013, 02:01:57 PM
god i love oysters but i cant/wont eat them unless they are raw....seems like such blasephmy to waste them any other way

i love the oyster house in philly
one of my favorite places
last month we went and got a $34 dozen oysters
i swear to god tho they might have been the single best thing ive ever eaten in my life

we are doing timbuktu crabcakes on saturday afternoon so we can misss the douchey valentines crowd and specials.....sit at the bar get all ripped up and eat heaven
I like fried oyster poboy's, but prefer raw oysters with tabasco and lemon.  This winter we've loaded up on raw oysters picking up chesapeake salty's or locals.  My neighbors have a hard time going two weeks without us grabbing a 100.  Tonight we're hitting up the normal haunt in north east Steak and Main The oyster bar there is money, Thursday is raw oyster bar night, so i'll load up.   

you need to go to the oyster bar in philly....its phenominally good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

You guys are a bunch of Hoydas. Scallops are like chicken. Except scallopy.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

Meh, went to get an early spot at our place, owner had just fit two people in front of us into the bar.  So we'd have to wait it out for at least an hour.  Backup plan, steamed clams, minced, garlic, artichokes, linguine, oil.  Not bad for a last second meal.  Oh, and copious amounts of white wine. 

SD

Guy I work with is from Louisiana and every year he organizes a gumbo git-down. Bunch of desserts, chicken, corn bread, and of course gumbo. For $5 you get a plate. The gumbo he made is out of this world good. It had chicken, crawfish, and crab. The broth was maybe the greatest thing I ever tasted.

Rome

SD

Rome

Diomedes

As opposed to "git-r-done" which is southern white folk talk, city slicker.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

Tomahawk

ice grillin you