Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

About once or twice a year, I get the urge for a Sausage McMuffin.  That's the extent of a McDonalds breakfast for me.

phattymatty

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 09, 2015, 05:36:03 PM
But sure enough, there's going to be some MA soccer mom popping into Mikey D's in the middle of the afternoon and feeling like a total badass for ordering a shteiny McGriddle and hashbrowns.

So you're saying that it's an effective commercial.

Also a really weird thing to get salty about.

also sausage mcmuffin is the only thing worth going to mickey Ds for. i feel like it's going to lose them money in the long run because it's pretty cheap.

PhillyPhreak54

Bacon egg and cheese mcgriddle

I get irrationally pissed at some commercials too. Especially when one is repeated over and over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on December 09, 2015, 09:36:40 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 09, 2015, 05:36:03 PM
But sure enough, there's going to be some MA soccer mom popping into Mikey D's in the middle of the afternoon and feeling like a total badass for ordering a shteiny McGriddle and hashbrowns.

So you're saying that it's an effective commercial.

Absolutely.  It plays to the largest demographic in the country....idiots.   

QuoteAlso a really weird thing to get salty about.

Some people hate racism or torture or schools getting shot up.  I hate really shteiny commercials that don't make sense.     

also sausage mcmuffin is the only thing worth going to mickey Ds for. i feel like it's going to lose them money in the long run because it's pretty cheap.

It's easily the most banging thing on their breakfast menu, but in the south the have biscuits and gravy that is really farging good.  I went to Tennessee like 2 or 3 weeks ago to pick up my grandmom and bring her back to civilization and we stopped at Mikey Ds for breakfast.  I got their biscuits and gravy and a sausage mcmuffin.  used the mcmuffin to sop up all the leftover gravy.  Probably the best breakfast I've ever had. 

SunMo

Went to the Steven Starr restaurant called Jones on Saturday night.  it was really good.  they specialize in american comfort food and the look of the restaurant is supposed to be something like a ski lodge.  i didn't get the ski lodge thing really except the fireplace in the middle of the place which we actually sat next to.  it was cool at first because of the atmosphere but it got hot as farg.

we got baked mac and cheese for an app which was really good.  my wife got a fontina grilled cheese w/bacon and tomato with tomato soup.  the sandwich was good but the soup basically tasted like marina sauce you would dip a mozzerella stick into.  i got the chicken and waffles which was amazing.  no dessert but we split one of their adult milkshakes which was chocolate ice cream, creme de mint, and creme de cocoa.  overall we had a great time and would go back. 

then i almost got hit crossing the street by a dude not paying attention and i was screaming at him in the middle of chestnut street which was neat.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 10, 2015, 12:10:08 AM

It's easily the most banging thing on their breakfast menu, but in the south the have biscuits and gravy that is really farging good.  I went to Tennessee like 2 or 3 weeks ago to pick up my grandmom and bring her back to civilization and we stopped at Mikey Ds for breakfast.  I got their biscuits and gravy and a sausage mcmuffin.  used the mcmuffin to sop up all the leftover gravy.  Probably the best breakfast I've ever had.

Whoa, whoa, Mickey d's has biscuits and gravy down there ? Damn
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

I must be too far south, because the McDonalds down here don't have that.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

Sgt PSN

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 09, 2015, 09:48:08 PM

Ew. I accidentally ordered a McGriddle once and it was one of the more disgusting things I've ever tried. should have known when i ordered a #27 or whatever it was on the menu but was really high at the time.

smeags

Quote from: phattymatty on December 10, 2015, 02:54:05 PM

Ew. I accidentally ordered a McGriddle once and it was one of the more disgusting things I've ever tried. should have known when i ordered a #27 or whatever it was on the menu but was really high at the time.

Never had one but if it was still nasty when you were high that's pretty farging bad.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on December 10, 2015, 02:54:05 PM

Lol

I had one this morning.

As for the biscuits and gravy...not available here either.

smeags

Luv me some biscuits and gravy, just not sure where to get any around me. I guess bob evans or cracker barrel maybe ?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous