The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

So is the new morning guy on 975 a Trumper? Definitely comes off as a Trumper sometimes. I've heard the silent cringing through the radio from some of the younger guys on the air with him when he says some stuff lol

I just realized Mikey Miss has me blocked on Twitter and I have no idea why :-D I think I tweeted at him like once on the last 6 months and it wasn't to argue with him.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

jon kincaid?

im not very familiar with him other than he was in atlanta for a while but hes a middle aged white male who works in sports radio so you do the math
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

They're continuing their personality purge. Just like when they didn't want Olbermann and Patrick to be the top dogs.

Nameless and faceless robots. Except for SVP.

QB Eagles

People can decry the move all they want, but leftover nostalgia for 1997 SportsCenter isn't doing much to enhance ESPN's bottom line at this point. In fact the company's core business model -- the cable channel -- is steadily eroding and you can expect it to receive ever smaller percentages of their budget as time goes on.

MDS

sportscenter's ratings would be the same if i anchored and if kenny anchored....there are 10000 people out there who can do the job adequately. espn like 5 years ago paid mike greenberg $5 mil a year. cable subs are going down, rights fees are going up, they arent paying anchors (except svp) anything anymore.

the $$ goes to revenue generators like stephen a. everyone else just be happy youre on tv.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on May 11, 2021, 07:16:09 PM
the $$ goes to revenue generators like stephen a.

To strike the point home they gave Boomer a new contract on the same day.

I do not understand their attachment to Greenberg though.

PhillyPhreak54

I can't stand Greenberg. He's generic as farg and a huge nerd.

MDS

it was right at the end of the cable boom before streaming took over...greenberg basically got on the last plane out of saigon

its an amazing contract in a sense because greenberg, if espn said no, would not get a fraction of that anywhere else

ice grillin you

I don't really have a strong feeling either way about greenburg but you can't say he isn't great at what he does...he's a smooth mother farger
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

ice grillin you

Flawlessly runs one of their morning shows
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

People still watch sportscenter with the internet available? why.

General_Failure

The overlap for people old enough to still watch tv but young enough to have enjoyed SportsCenter and still want to watch it is probably a hundred thousand people.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I haven't seen an entire episode of SC without SVP hosting in years. And even when he's on I usually only watch on Sundays during football season