2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

:puke

Giles clears the bases with a double to RF.

Inning started at 3-1...now 5-3...motherfarging bums.

SunMo

Giles, that guy that wouldn't have helped their offense
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

i hate this team.  i hate this season.  i hate baseball.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Wingspan

I came here to wonder why Manual put eyer in, with the pitchers spot to bat, then pinch hitted for him, only to bring another lefty in the next inning...instead of double switching.

Then i looked and saw that there are 13 pitchers on the active roster. 13?! (blanton, condrey, durbin, eyre, hamels, kendrick, lidge, madson, moyer, myers, romero, seanez, walrund).

And 12 position players. when two of them are Taguchi, and Jenkins...there's no bench whatsoever.

Pat Gillick can't go away fast enough for me.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Don Ho

what ever you do, do not ever, ever try to figure this shtein out.  it will kill you.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I have no energy left to hate this team more than I hate them now.

Watching them has killed me.

They strikeout too much, give up RBIs to pitchers, cant get bunts down, no one gives a shtein, no one argues, no one shows emotion, no one can put the team on their back and carry them.

No one can do shtein.

farg these farging losers.

Don Ho

i am heading out the door right now to a pizza joint and before i order our pizza i am going to have at least 8 heinekens to help ease some of this pain.

Wingspan

Geoff Jenkins, So Taguchi, Eric Bruntlett, and Chris Coste is your bench.

The first three there may be the 3 worst combined phillies in the last 20 years.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Don Ho

Quote from: Wingspan on August 17, 2008, 12:41:00 AM

The first three there may be the 3 worst combined phillies in the last 20 years.

i meant 12 heinekens.

PhillyPhreak54

Make it 13.

One for each of the Phillies K's tonight.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Wingspan on August 17, 2008, 12:41:00 AM

on paper thats actually not a bad bench...before the season it would have looked real good....this team just plain sucks

Wingspan

Connection Problems

ice grillin you

name ten better on paper benches

bruntlett has been a very good utility guy
so was one of the best ph's in the game
people wanted coste to start this year
jenkins was a borderline starter

Wingspan

Who cares about "on paper benches"?

The phils have had a terrible exposed bench this season...and the only thing gillick does is add a 6+ era left handed reliever.

Jenkins has never been anything but an average hitter for a bad team for most of his career. I dont think he's even come close to hitting even .290 more than 3 times in the past 7 years.

Bruntlett filled in decently when MVP got hurt...and has been crap since.

taguchi was terrible, and is terrible

Only idiots want coste to start full time...but even said, fine. Start coste and it's Ruiz on the bench...better?

Still there are only 4 position players on the bench...for a team that can't hit, thats terrible. and that is on gillick.
Connection Problems