2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

In order to "break things up" after a win, you first have to WIN SOMETHING, numbskull.

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on July 24, 2008, 03:26:14 PM
and two, the front office would get a reality check that they aren't that close.

havent been a phillie fan long have you?

the front office/ownership could care friggin less how close they are to a championship
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Here's a recent shot of David Montgomery walking out of CBP:

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2008, 03:38:28 PM
Quote from: King Cole on July 24, 2008, 03:26:14 PM
and two, the front office would get a reality check that they aren't that close.

havent been a phillie fan long have you?

the front office/ownership could care friggin less how close they are to a championship

True
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SunMo

From Jayson Stark - team bus arrived at 10:30, Rollins got there at 11 am. Manuel not happy. Rollins does not agree with decision to be benched. Stark says relationship between Manuel and Rollins has been "simmering" all season.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Nothing says "MVP!" quite like not running out ground balls and showing up late to team functions.

SD_Eagle5

I agree with Manuel's decision to bench Rollins. He's dogged it all year. Either way this story is about to erupt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's time for Rollins to hold out of his contract for more money.  He deserves it.

Rome

I'd be happier if Manuel was shtein-canned but it's not like Rollins is untouchable either. 

Rome

Sounds good.  After all, they have a great shortstop prospect still in the minors. . . oh, wait.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Wow, I miss some good shtein today.

Rollins is a slacker

Utley is still blowing ass

Ollie Perez would be in the HOF if he only pitched against the Phils

igy beating on the OMG CHARLIE LOST THE TEAM drum, when he really hasn't.

ice grillin you

well to be fair i did say he may have never had them...which is probably the more likely scenario

players loving a guy because they can play the way they want when they want and make the same mistakes over and over how ever many times they want is not a manager controlling a team...they love playing for charlie but they dont respect him in the least...but how could they when they see him make brutal move after brutal move without having to answer for it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, I'm sure they absolutely loathe him because he doesn't make moves that you deem better.

Again, does he farg up? Yes.

But when it comes down to it, the players gotta play. It cracks me up when people, who just hate the guy and want to rip him about something, point to him being a hitting guru and cry how he should be helping Howard and all of these struggling hitters.

This collection of clowns need to learn how to hit with runners in scoring position, move runners over and shtein like that. During the Florida series Charlie mentioned about how no one seems to want to give up their ABs to get guys over and shtein like that.

He takes shots at the FO (Rowand leaving, begging for pitching, etc)
He's ripped the team and called the offense overrated
He's frustrated like hell as evidenced by getting tossed twice in the last few days

What do you want him to do? shtein gold?

Players. That's whose fault it is.