2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Holy Christ. Jimmy benched because he was late to the ballpark. The rubber match in one of the more important series in the season, and he's slacking somewhere instead of being on time. Nice.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PPinDC on July 24, 2008, 02:41:45 PM
Holy Christ. Jimmy benched because he was late to the ballpark. farging a.

Good.

He's dogged it all year. If being benched agaisnt the Mets isn't a wake up call then nothing will be. It helps that Bruntlett played a good game today.

ice grillin you

chuckles needs to farging go right god damn now...hes clearly lost the team (if he ever had it)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

they should've been swept. yawn.  lets go training camp.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2008, 02:43:46 PM
chuckles needs to farging go right god damn now...hes clearly lost the team (if he ever had it)

At this point, he's the lesser of the available evils. They need an authoritarian. They are lax as hell, who would replace chuckles to put the foot down?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PPinDC on July 24, 2008, 02:57:25 PM

At this point, he's the lesser of the available evils. They need an authoritarian. They are lax as hell, who would replace chuckles to put the foot down?

Bowa?

Rome

Good thing they didn't pick up Fuentes & Holliday, huh?

ice grillin you

Quote from: PPinDC on July 24, 2008, 02:57:25 PM

thats the problem...the options you have during the middle of the season are limited...davey lopes wouldnt be a bad choice...jimmy williams would be an upgrade as well...i mean they surrounded charlie with mlb lifers for a reason right?

The BIGSTUD

I'm sick of the treading water BS. If they don't start turning back into may/june form, then I hope they crash and burn. At least that would be fun to watch. Nothing is more brutal to watch than treading water. Either go wild and pull away from the division or crash and burn so we can laugh and have fun in misery.

This team needs to become sellers so we can actually have some prospects. Sadly, they really have no one to sell.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

Nothing is more brutal than seeing another of your nonsensical replies.

PhillyPhanInDC

I'd rather they go with Lopes if they replace Chuckles, Williams to me seems to be a little bit of a Chuckles clone, albeit probably a more game-smart version.

I gotta go with Eskin (wretch) on Jimmy and Utley. Jimmy is on the "MVP slide" and there is something wrong with Utley. It's not a slump....dude has seriously got something wrong with him. Jimmy is dissapointing, I always thought the dude was a gamer, but this season he's done a lot to prove otherwise.

Quote from: King Cole on July 24, 2008, 03:20:32 PM
I'm sick of the treading water BS. If they don't start turning back into may/june form, then I hope they crash and burn. At least that would be fun to watch. Nothing is more brutal to watch than treading water. Either go wild and pull away from the division or crash and burn so we can laugh and have fun in misery.

This team needs to become sellers so we can actually have some prospects. Sadly, they really have no one to sell.

stfu

The BIGSTUD

If I knew ahead of time this team was going to miss the playoffs and we had two ways of going about it:

1. Playing inconsistent ball, but treading water
2. Playing horrible ball, and falling apart

I'll pick option two. For one, it would be funny to watch, and two, the front office would get a reality check that they aren't that close. They aren't close and going after these mediocre pitchers isn't good enough.

The same thing applied to the Eagles last year. Winning those final 3 games were the worst thing that happened to the Eagles. It made the FO delusional about the offense.

Ultimately, if you want a championship a team needs to crash and burn before it can turn it around.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PPinDC on July 24, 2008, 03:23:58 PM
I'd rather they go with Lopes if they replace Chuckles, Williams to me seems to be a little bit of a Chuckles clone, albeit probably a more game-smart version.

I gotta go with Eskin (wretch) on Jimmy and Utley. Jimmy is on the "MVP slide" and there is something wrong with Utley. It's not a slump....dude has seriously got something wrong with him. Jimmy is dissapointing, I always thought the dude was a gamer, but this season he's done a lot to prove otherwise.

jimmy williams does seem as tho hes mellowed in his old age (he is 75) but back in the day he used to get in that ass...at this point they need a change for the sake of change...forget the tactical reasons youd wanna do it

and dont listen to eskin on utley...at the start of this year his new schtick was to say how much better utley is than choke and jimmy...and that even last year utley was the team mvp not rollins...hes in the bag for him no matter what happens so of course utley cant be sucking it up like jimmy and choke do there must be an injury or illness because the great chase utley could never be in a slump

Quote from: PPinDC on July 24, 2008, 03:23:58 PM
Quote from: King Cole on July 24, 2008, 03:20:32 PM

stfu

ha

The BIGSTUD

The Marlins do it all the time. They win championships, and then a year or two after, when their team falls from grace and is mediocre they tear the entire thing apart. They let their team crash and burn, and rebuild it back to title form in no time.

I want to keep Utley, Howard, and Hamels, but anyone else is ripe for the taking. I want to win a championship.