2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Phils win 3-0 and gain a game on everyone else in the division  :yay

Sgt PSN

8IP, 0 runs for Moyer.  Amazing job by grandpa.  I wonder if Howard knocks in a couple extra runs if Cholly sends him back out in the 9th.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 12, 2008, 09:58:32 PM
moyer is amazing....souderton raise up

He was something tonight.  He throws stuff up there that looks like I could hit it, and yet the Marlins couldn't touch him tonight.

Big effort.  The Phils needed this one to salvage a win in Florida.

Now I wish I had gone tonight.   Driving would have been a bitch, though.

SunMo

we're rioting in the streets, cleetus even let the women folk come out to see what in tarnation is goin on
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 12, 2008, 09:09:21 PM
i will give choke some credit there for not swinging at that wild pitch...its normally one he goes down on...he didnt this time and it got them two runs...hey it aint much to congratulate someone on but its the first thing i thought of when the play went down

Howard should get 2 RBI's. The way I looked at it Olsen intentionally threw the ball that far outside figuring he had a good shot at getting Howard to swing. Any normal hitter and that ball is outside but not by that ridiculous amount.

Moyer was awesome tonight. Howard continues to be brutal.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I dont think so.

Gramps was dealing tonight. He owns the Marlins. I hate Scott Olsen's bitchass.

Hopefully the bats wake up on the flight to STL. No reason to not beat down the Cards. Maybe Howard going there will help him show some life. Half way through June, no HRs and still hovering at .200ish.

Geowhizzer

Need to get Rollins out of his funk, too.  That may be hurting the team more than Howard right now.

Sgt PSN

Demon came through in the clutch for me and was able to hook me up with some tickets for Sunday's game in St Louis for less than face value.  :yay

I've been to games at the old Busch Stadium.  Looking forward to seeing the new one. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on June 12, 2008, 10:28:48 PM

we're rioting in the streets, cleetus even let the women folk come out to see what in tarnation is goin on

Yee farging Haw!

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 12, 2008, 11:36:46 PM
Have they been swept this year?

i dont believe they have even lost three in a row yet

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 13, 2008, 12:34:08 AM
Need to get Rollins out of his funk, too.  That may be hurting the team more than Howard right now.

jimmy is back to his couple years ago mode where he swings at a stupid amount of first pitches...he also is trying to hit 30 homers again
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, he's got that maddening uppercut going again.

Lohse goes against Kendrick tonight, interesting.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 13, 2008, 09:06:26 AM
Lohse goes against Kendrick tonight, interesting.

On Friday the 13th.  How special.

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee