2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Wingspan on May 03, 2008, 02:49:54 PM
Quote from: SunMo on May 03, 2008, 02:05:41 PM
you're actually asking why they don't try something new with the lineup?

der...

And every time he does something new with the lineup, he gets blasted.

Charlie Manuel and Joe Banner could collectively cure cancer, and you and igy would get on their case for not curing diabetes at the same time.

banner jobs performance is not the issue...he doesnt do anything that his job calls for that no one else in like positions across the league do...however banner is a despicable person in the mold of a lil danni snyder who needs to never be seen or heard and just work his numbers....basically if youre talking about banner at all then hes farging up

charlie on the other hand is horrible at his job and by all accounts a great person...ive given charlie credit many times for his handling of the dugout and his relationship with players...but from first pitch to last hes a joke
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Changing the line-up? No.

Unless you mean adding Rollins back in there and getting Bruntlett back to the bench.

Burrell in the 4th spot means he gets walked for Howard now. Because then Howard comes up and hacks at three sliders that are in the 3B dugout and sits down. Then Feliz comes up and promptly grounds into a DP.

ice grillin you

utley is bananas right now...cain is farging dealing his ass off and utley has him 2-1....just threw a breaking ball...no way behind in the count he throws another...you sit on a fastball right...nope utleys sits back and bashes a hook to the deepest part of the park opposite field

btw cain struck out the side other than utley

choke is getting booed out of the stadium now...ive heard scattered boos for him before but now hes getting eaten up...and he deserves every last one of them

PhillyPhreak54

Myers was pretty good tonight but got no run support. Angel Hernandez was squeezing him early and the Phils should have won 2-1. Fred Lewis was give a walk by Hernandez, then tagged out but called safe at 2nd and then scored on a hit.

Utley is so good its ridiculous. Its amazing to see someone so good and then watch Howard dig in and look so pathetic. The boo's are deserved no doubt. Step it up, Howard for fargs sake.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 03, 2008, 10:38:58 PM
Myers was pretty good tonight but got no run support. Angel Hernandez was squeezing him early and the Phils should have won 2-1. Fred Lewis was give a walk by Hernandez, then tagged out but called safe at 2nd and then scored on a hit.

phreak, he totally missed the tag at 2nd...even Wheels admitted it.  i remember that because wheels was whining because the ump usually calls the runner out even if the tag isn't made.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on May 03, 2008, 10:41:31 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 03, 2008, 10:38:58 PM

phreak, he totally missed the tag at 2nd...even Wheels admitted it.  i remember that because wheels was whining because the ump usually calls the runner out even if the tag isn't made.

Giants announcers said he got him. The replay they showed on that broadcast showed him getting the tip of the glove to the shoulder. Either way, dude should have been called out on strikes.

And speaking of tagging guys out; Utley's catcheresque blocking of 2B on steals is another example of his baseball IQ being so great. I love how he does the little things.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

phreak is close to entering pgville if he isnt already a resident

MDS

phreak is also close to not hitting his 50 minimum innings this week in fantasy, therefore giving me every pitching category and yet another dominating win
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

burrell with a double to the gap...nah, no reason to bat him 4th, not like he would've knocked in victorino in the 1st instead of the 10 million dollar man gagging again
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

choke should be moved to 7th. hit either dobbs or jenkins 5 and someone else 6, like coste or hacktorino depending on whose playing. theres no way he can hit 4 anymore. he is just brutal and its only going to get worse.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

stop acting like this is new....theres a reason i gave him that moniker over a year ago

he doesnt need to go to 7th or hit behind dobbs...he needs to come out of this and hopefully along with his 200 plus k's you can get 35 homers out of him...let him play out the rest of his arbitration years and then let him go bye bye

BigEd76