Eagles 2009 Draft Thread

Started by rjs246, November 23, 2008, 05:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I don't want a first round pick spent on DE. Cole is a monster. Abiramiri, despite all of Igy's hopes and prayers, actually seems like a player. Parker and Howard are having fine years and even Clemons has finally been sniffing the field. Save DE til the second day.

DT is where they need the help. Bunkley and Patterson are good rotational #2 guys...but they need a huge run stuffer in there.

Safety for sure. If this year isn't Dawk's last, next year will be. Get a guy in here to learn under him for at least a year....Mikell is okay, but not stellar. The white guy needs to go NOW.

If they're really gearing up to get rid of McNabb...then draft a QB. Kolb is very obviously not the answer.

A play making TE that can farging block is a big need as well. The WR's with Jackson are not horrible, and having a Witten-type TE would make this offense a lot better.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 24, 2008, 12:08:42 AM
gaither dont play company ball gocong do

always be like that here

exactly

neither are very good but gocong is just happy to be in the league much less starting....so what do you think hes gonna act like...where as omar while probably delusional wants more and expects more for himself...and the company line of banner reid lurie dont like uppity negros
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i just love it when we agree. it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 23, 2008, 07:53:01 PM
pretty much scrap the defense...keep a couple corners who cares who they are...the front seven deliver to the junkyard

please lord bring some lb's that can make a play

offensive line dead
wide receivers dead
neidermeyer dead
tight ends dead

By all means let's get rid of Trent Cole.  He like sucks and stuff.

The BIGSTUD

This is pretty much a given, but the draft is evaluated in conjunction with free agency. Whatever you can't get in FA you get in the draft. I'd like for them to get a big, sure-handed target at WR like Houshmandzadeh in free agency. Then take care of LB and OL in the draft. There are some guys that will be FA like Haynesworth and Adrian Wilson(I think) that I like on defense.

Just too many needs to take care of in one offseason.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

What this team needs more than anything, regardless of position is some guys who as Dawk would say have that "dawg" in them.  Right now there are very few players, if any on this team that have that.  Dawk unfortunately is just too old.  As far as I am concerned this team could be blown up and they could draft one of the top QBs. 

As has been mentioned earlier what the team needs more than anything is a new coach.  Did anybody watch NFL Countdown yesterday? They were talking about how fans in Philly should be careful what they wish for in the firing of Andy Reid.  They said they will not find a better coach and compared it to Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh.  It is amazing to me that the so-called experts can watch this team and say that.  Defensively they live and die by the blitz, usually can't stop the run, and allow too many big plays.  Offensively I don't even need to mention that.  All of these things make it damn near impossible to win a SB in this league. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

QB Eagles

The team needs so much work that they are basically justified in taking anyone who's not a corner, long snapper, or punter. I want to see them draft only guys who played their intended NFL position in college... please no "projects" like a 200 lb O-lineman or shotput champion at fullback.

Feva

If Andy is still around... then I suggest you find something else to do with your time during the 2nd -7th rounds of the draft.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phattymatty

i can't even think about the draft until after the eagles playoff run. 

reese125

All these experts talking that shtein about "getting what you wish for" must never watch an Eagles game its in entirety.

If you cant see the blunders this coach makes week after week, the not addressing and correcting the same mistake during a practice week, and the not adjusting the game plan during a game...then those guys on NFL countdown might need to join Tony Siragusa on the sidelines

I just cant ever picture myself saying, "damn...I wish Andy Reid was still here" when he is gone. Ever.

Im mentally prepared to be on the bottom of the NFC East for some years like the Giants and Cowboys, and by the way this team is manufactured right now in some key areas...its the cycle of the NFL.

ice grillin you

i have no problem being zesty now for a payoff later...but you have to have something to look forward to...a light at the end of the tunnel...tangible progress...but with andy at the helm (both gm and coach) its complete stagnation and an awful thing to live thru

Feva

Quote from: reese125 on November 24, 2008, 09:36:27 AM
All these experts talking that shtein about "getting what you wish for" must never watch an Eagles game its in entirety.

If you cant see the blunders this coach makes week after week, the not addressing and correcting the same mistake during a practice week, and the not adjusting the game plan during a game...then those guys on NFL countdown might need to join Tony Siragusa on the sidelines

I just cant ever picture myself saying, "damn...I wish Andy Reid was still here" when he is gone. Ever.

Im mentally prepared to be on the bottom of the NFC East for some years like the Giants and Cowboys, and by the way this team is manufactured right now in some key areas...its the cycle of the NFL.

They say that because all they look at is that Andy has won 100 games as the Eagles coach before they get to work on their next Cowboys fluff piece and figure, "Well he must be a great coach."  They don't have the time/interest/motivation to truly analyze and discover all of Andy's coaching/playcalling faults and realize that the games the Eagles have won over the past few years, they've won in spite of his farg-ups and not because of his abilities.

The bottom of the NFC East is here fellas... and it's probably here for a while.  The big question is if the Eagles powers that be decide to try to get back towards the top with a new coach/philosophy or if they waste another couple years believing that Reid can turn it around.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2008, 09:41:42 AM
i have no problem being zesty now for a payoff later...but you have to have something to look forward to...a light at the end of the tunnel...tangible progress...but with andy at the helm (both gm and coach) its complete stagnation and an awful thing to live thru

Most intelligent thing you've ever posted.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

theres not a lot of competition

Magical_Retard

TJ is a free agent after this season?
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist