Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Amed Rosario gets on first with two out in the 9th because the catcher couldn't control strike three.

Then he gets picked off first to end the game.

LOL Mets.

ice grillin you

QuoteStan Musial doubled in his second MLB plate appearance, 79 years ago today, on Sept. 17, 1941 – his lifetime batting average would never again dip below .319.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

QuoteTed Williams entered the day batting .400 – rather, .39995 – 79 years ago today, on Sept. 28, 1941. Offered the opportunity to sit out the #RedSox doubleheader, Ted refused.

"If I am going to be a .400 hitter, I want more than my toenails on the line."

He went 6-for-8.

PhillyPhreak54

Not a good day for nerd ball in Atlanta. Neither team will steal or bunt to move runners. Meanwhile they're swinging from their heels and have struck out about 40 times.

Reds have been particularly awful.

MDS

maybe its better the phillies didnt make it with what the dodgers would do to them

twins losing 19 playoff games in a row is one of the most impossible stats in baseball history

injuns lose this they could go into full sell mode....good thing phils have such a robust system
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The quality of baseball sucks.

Between the Reds and Braves striking out and the Indians and Yankees walking everyone. Pure slop.

farging Cleveland sucks

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks for coming out, Reds.

So much for being dangerous like Votto said. iceholes can't even score a run in two games.

I hate that Oak and the ChiSox are playing each other bc I like both. But I want the Sox to advance

PhillyPhreak54

Rays and Yanks was good

Brosseau taking Chapman deep was perfect payback

MDS

back to back years chapman gets bombed to end the year...thinking booney gets fired too
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah he didn't exactly manage this series well.

The Garcia/Happ thing and the Chapman for seven outs wasn't good

MDS

real victim is mlb ratings...have already been terrible and without the yankees they are heading toward record lows

to be fair nhl and nba were in the same boat and the nba has lebron-lakers

PhillyPhreak54

I hate it bc it gives credence to the "sjw and BLM have killed sports" narrative

MDS

its such a stupid bad faith argument....numbers can be manipulated any which way and hungry hungry hippos like clay travis have that shtick down.

with all that said this g1 of astros/rays running up against the end of the 425 nfl game, snf and maybe g6 of the nba finals is gonna be BAD

ice grillin you

no one is watching any sports this year cause they don't mean anything

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 09, 2020, 11:03:58 PM
its such a stupid bad faith argument....numbers can be manipulated any which way and hungry hungry hippos like clay travis have that shtick down.

with all that said this g1 of astros/rays running up against the end of the 425 nfl game, snf and maybe g6 of the nba finals is gonna be BAD

Agreed. And that shteinbird Travis is one of the main ones pushing it.