Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

During the week I want them to shteincan Howie and secure better draft positioning. Come gameday I want them to win.

As for who to target? Of course it depends on where they sit but if they have a shot at Sewell then I'm IN. Of course they have to be above Dallas and Cincy for that.

But Howie gotta go. He farging sucks.

Rasul and Sidney are playing well. Sure would be nice for them to still be here. But nah we have Midget Maddox lining up outside. And cast off NRC.

SD

Bowie gets another year because of the cap hell he created...he sucks at player personnel but he knows how to Jew the cap

Geowhizzer

Maybe it is this team...

Maybe it's the emotional toll of 2020, of COVID, of the Election, of the Fat Orange farg...

Maybe it's that I'm *this close* to officially joining Don and Rome in the over-the-hill club...

But I just don't care.  I'm numb.

I've stopped listening to Philly sports radio.  I pay no attention to pre-game or post-game shows.  I read only a few articles.  I've watched the games, but always while doing something else, and 90% of the time on mute if I'm watching it alone.

My son's been frothing up a fit of anger, but I just shrug.

Rome

First time in my adult life I've basically stopped watching football.  To be fair this really isn't football.  It's a pale imitation so I'm not missing out on much anyway.  The fact that the Eagles have been horrid is kind of a relief because if this season was legit, I'd probably be really pissed off at this slop.

As it is it's just kinda meh.

Also... don't sell yourself short; you're way over the hill, Geo.  Lol.

Don Ho

The Mental Defective League in formation!  Rome and I welcome you with open arms Geo.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Jamon "Ima fix my uniform during this play" Brown travelled with the team to GB, but did something the team didn't like and they bounced him from the team/hotel, officially cut him today.

What he was even doing on the team after his performance in week 5 or 6, I forget, I can't say.  Worthless player, and apparently even worse teamate/employee.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Because of the injury to Davion Taylor they signed some dude named Joe Bachie off the Saints PS

QB Eagles

How many names on the roster make me angry just looking at them this season?

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
Andre Dillard
Jack Driscoll
Jake Elliott
Javon Hargrave
John Hightower
DeSean Jackson
Malik Jackson
Alshon Jeffery
Avonte Maddox (mostly because he's playing out of position)
Jalen Mills
Jason Peters
Matt Pryor
Nickell Robey-Coleman
Davion Taylor
K'Von Wallace
Quez Watkins
Carson Wentz

You could make a strong argument for another dozen guys and I'd totally understand someone saying the whole team too.

Diomedes

Why you mad about Driscoll?

And yes, you could go on listing names that induce some form of anger or frustration.

Don Ho

I'm ok with Driscoll and Dillard (was excited to see what he could do this year).  Mills has actually played OK.  Why Peters and Alshon "Let me jog through my routes" Jefery are on this roster is a disgrace.  JJAW sucks but it wasn't his fault Einstein drafted him so high.  Hargrave and Malik Jackson huge disappointments.  Dabney Coleman sucked in LA and he sucks here.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Driscoll was regularly owned against the Packers, which is fresh in my mind. For example on the Hurts interception Driscoll's man easily pushed him aside and got to Hurts, messing up the throw.

These inexperienced O line guys are thrown into a no-win situation but they should not be starting on an NFL team. Half of these names I'm not angry at the player so much as the fact that they represent a bad signing, a blown opportunity, failed coaching, or are emblematic of the total amateur hour we see every week.

Diomedes

Fair enough. I didn't watch the Seattle game so I don't have fresh memories of Driscoll being overmatched.   I've been pretty pleased with Driscoll all things considered.  He's nothing special but he's been forced into significant action early, in different positions, and on balance has not been a complete liability.  I say that's pretty good.  He looks to become a decent backup.

SD

This is just farging infuriating
QuoteVikings rookie Justin Jefferson became the fifth WR in the Super Bowl era with 1,000 receiving yards in his first 12 career games. The others: Odell Beckham Jr., Marques Colston, Anquan Boldin and Randy Moss.

How do you evaluate talent for a living and not see the clear gap in talent between Raegor and Jefferson? Ones taller, faster, has better hands, runs better routes and played against superior competition in college...the other had lousy stats but that was blamed on poor qb play. farg off Howie

Rome

Ray Charles could spot it in a minute.  They live in an echo chamber and common sense gets replaced by toadying bullshtein.   That's how Lurie has run this franchise for 30 years.