Raiders & Cowboys

Started by PhillyPhreak54, November 05, 2017, 11:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: smeags on December 19, 2017, 02:18:35 PM
that pretty cool.

I played against that league, playing for the tabor rams & olney eagles.

SD, I think that was the oxford village projects. we played them in every sport on our neighborhood team.

I used to coach in the league you're talking about, it's Little Guys. I used to coach the Bensalem Ramblers, my cousin the star high school football player I used to talk about on here was my tailback. We lost the championship game in 95 to Calvary. They were freakin beasts that year. The next year the Ramblers went into a different league,  I was only able to coach half the year because I went into the Navy. I had no communication with anyone, but I received a letter in bootcamp we beat West Norriton in the championship game 13-0. Kids all signed a football and sent it to me. Still have it.

http://www.lgfc.us/history---champions.html

Cousins youtube HS highlight reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f_NykYMXXQ

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 19, 2017, 02:42:02 PM
probably talking about the oxford houses

Haven't been down that way since the mid 90's.

smeags

nice. my older son played for the Bristol wardogs. I helped with coaching when needed but wasn't on the staff. I got on the field for games by holding the down markers. JR got dlineman of the year playing DT. he was a beast but quit after one year cause he hated all the practice. it was still nice because the team played part lower bucks and part nesac so we got to go to some of the fields I played on as a kid. the best was going to Moss and watching my son get 5 sacks and a fumble recovery.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

The city teams like Moss/Olney/OLC/Tabor/Frankford Boys Club/NEO etc. were so hard to compete with because they had 75+ kids, we usually had 25-30.

smeags

yep, big advantage.

speaking of local teams, my cousin's kid just got a state title with wood this year.

PhillyPhreak54

I decided to be a good son and give in to my mothers request that I not go so all the kids can be together for Christmas for the first time in forever. My brother is back from a deployment and drove up from Virginia so him and his family are coming over.

Sgt PSN

Good son = shteiny fan. Eagles are counting on you bruh, how you gonna let em down like that?

PhillyPhreak54

The decision was easy bc igy and his son mds won't be there

Sgt PSN

smeags

I ended up gong on last minute free tickets.

I was free to freeze my ass off for a lousy game.