Is anyone else's connection crapping out?

Started by Geowhizzer, April 23, 2005, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I've been having horrible luck getting on the board off and on tonight.  Heck, the internet itself has been spotty, but not as bad as CF has been specifically.

Could be all that draftnik traffic.  :paranoid

MURP

yeah, zesty hosting.  they suck ballz. 

General_Failure

Quote from: geowhizzer on April 23, 2005, 11:07:48 PM
I've been having horrible luck getting on the board off and on tonight. Heck, the internet itself has been spotty, but not as bad as CF has been specifically.

Could be all that draftnik traffic. :paranoid

It's not just our draft traffic, but everyone else hosted by the same company. Half the Fan 2 Fan Alliance and who knows how many other sites all crawling with ... you people.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

In a possibly related development, I have been having problems with my laptop overheating when used for long periods of time.  Anyone else with this problem?  I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K15.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: geowhizzer on April 24, 2005, 02:57:38 PM
In a possibly related development, I have been having problems with my laptop overheating when used for long periods of time.  Anyone else with this problem?  I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K15.

I also have a Vaio but it never overheats.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

TexasEagle

Quote from: geowhizzer on April 24, 2005, 02:57:38 PM
In a possibly related development, I have been having problems with my laptop overheating when used for long periods of time. Anyone else with this problem? I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K15.

Just wait until your Vaio starts crapping out because of a farged up memory card slot. That's tons of fun. :P

PoopyfaceMcGee

I get the feeling that if PG happened to own the one Yugo that wasn't a lemon, she'd swear up and down that Yugos were the best cars around.

General_Failure

Somebody using personal experience to decide wether or not a product is good? That's crazy talk.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 26, 2005, 03:22:21 PM
I get the feeling that if PG happened to own the one Yugo that wasn't a lemon, she'd swear up and down that Yugos were the best cars around.

My Dell sucked ass, it crashed every day and overheated constantly. I got the Vaio after weeks of researching it and I have been extremely happy with it since I got it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

TexasEagle

Vaio's are great except for the little memory issue (what caused my laptop crashes) which is a factory defect. It comes and goes at random and it can be fixed (but Sony won't do it unless it's under warranty) but other than that, Vaio's are great computers. Expensive, but worth the money.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: TexasEagle on April 26, 2005, 05:29:36 PM
Vaio's are great except for the little memory issue (what caused my laptop crashes) which is a factory defect. It comes and goes at random and it can be fixed (but Sony won't do it unless it's under warranty) but other than that, Vaio's are great computers. Expensive, but worth the money.

What memory issue? Is it in all of the Vaios or just PCs? I have one of the smaller notebooks.

TexasEagle

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 26, 2005, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: TexasEagle on April 26, 2005, 05:29:36 PM

What memory issue? Is it in all of the Vaios or just PCs? I have one of the smaller notebooks.

It's a notebook issue... let me see if I can find the thread about it....

Here you go... It's 45 pages long but well worth taking the time to scan through.

You might not experience any problems at any point, but just so you're aware if you start having boot issues before too long... it's a common issue that is fixable.

PhillyGirl

I have a VGN-S150 and I have never had any issues whatsoever.

TexasEagle

Yeah, I had mine for two years without any problems as well... then all at once the booting problems started up resulting in me having to reformat the entire thing back to factory settings to get it to even boot. Now, since I have the desktop, I don't use it often enough to know if the boot issues are entirely fixed, but regardless when I can I'm going to have it checked out for that memory slot issue.