2010 Sixers Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, April 26, 2010, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Wojnarowski

Larry Brown = President
Milt Newton (Wizards exec) = GM
Mike Woodson = Head Coach

If Woodson doesn't leave Atlanta, Brown will coach again.

MDS

lol what

larry brown is gonna just be president? not gonna want to make the decisions and actually coach?

ok.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

The last thing I want is him as a GM of this team. You can forget having any young players playing significant minutes on your team, and expect giving up multiple draft picks for older vets. This is the same guy that traded for Jerome Moise and gave up a first round pick, then tossed that away for another 1st rounder or some shtein for Derrick Coleman. Then another 1st for Kenny Thomas and so on. You cant put all the blame on Billy King, as Im sure Brown had his fair share of input.

You want to coach, thats fine...but in charge of player personnel decisions and the belief he'll be here long term...absolutely not.

PhillyPhreak54

Got that right.

His personnel decisions have been atrocious.

MDS

snider and the rest of the organization think larry brown is a golden god. if he wants back, hes got the keys to the team to do what he wants.

which is frightening, but slightly more reassuring than another year of ed stefanski running the sixers even further into the ground than they already are
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

its larry brown of course but he said emphatically last night that he would not coach anywhere but charlotte...and he said it multiple times

if youre gonna get rid of stefan then bring back billy king...the debacle all started when he was fired prematurely....he had a plan to get into this summer and be able to sign a max player and they were headed that way until he was let go and instead of staying the same course stefan panicked under the pressure of having to make a big splash and signed brand
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

I didn't hear that, I heard him say he's going to sit down with Michael and talk to his family. He said something similar when he left the Sixers for the Pistons.

And lol at even entertaining the notion of bringing back King. I'm not saying Stefanski is any better but King was horrible.

ice grillin you

actually king was pretty good...but more importantly he had them headed in the exact direction they needed to go...if he is still around they could be getting a max player in a couple months

SD

King was horrible, he outbid himself on player contracts. His trades were terrible too. No doubt in my mind he would have used the cap space to sign either Smith or Brand when the money was available. Him and Stefanski are basically the same GM, they suck at contracts but are good when it comes to drafting players.

ice grillin you

well then hes a liar...hes said since the day he was let go that he had a plan that he was going to stick to and that plan was to shed salary until this summer no matter how bad it made them

reese125

of course he had a plan. everyone has/had a plan after they get canned....and Im sure the fans would've saw they real deal billy king afterward right?

billy king stunk and his rap sheet of negatives far outweighed the positives.

PhillyPhreak54

Billy The King wasn't as horrible as it seems. He was hamstrung by the shtein ass contracts and personnel moves made by Larry Brown.

Did he make mistakes? Yes. The Kenny Thomas contract was terrible. But he's not the fall guy.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2010, 10:01:06 AM
Billy The King wasn't as horrible as it seems. He was hamstrung by the shtein ass contracts and personnel moves made by Larry Brown.

Did he make mistakes? Yes. The Kenny Thomas contract was terrible. But he's not the fall guy.

pretty much 100% on point

SD

Larry Brown told him to sign Dalembart and Green to those ridiculous contracts and to trade for Chris Webber? I agree he wasn't as horrible as he seems, but the thought of bringing him back is cringe worthy.

Pretty much. Not to mention I can see why upper management didn't like that plan (if there even was one). No way Snider would let him sit on $20 million of cap space while the team sucked and the arena was empty. In the grand scheme of things I'd rather rebuild with young guys and add a superstar to the mix, but we all know that's not how Snider does things (see his other team).

reese125

like I said, Brown had his fair share of input...but Brown was not on the 3-way calls with other GMs around the league telling them "we will give you future first rounders for...".

brown tells him what players he desired, king sold the farm to get them. his creativity and negotiating skills as a gm were very below average. no thanks.