Sixers Season thread 2

Started by MURP, November 16, 2005, 10:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

if this was the NFL, it'd be awesome, unfortunately, NBA 2nd round picks = NFL 6th round picks
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

Sixers did this to stay clear from the luxury tax for a future deal.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Have no fear, Zendon Hamilton is back.

This moves rates 6 out of 10 on the "meh" scale.

Its nice to have some draft picks to be able to try to get a steal in the 2nd round.

But my question is this:

In the NBA you have to trade money for money. So why could they deal Hunter and his contract and not get another player and his contract in return?

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 01, 2006, 08:44:02 PM
Have no fear, Zendon Hamilton is back.

This moves rates 6 out of 10 on the "meh" scale.

Its nice to have some draft picks to be able to try to get a steal in the 2nd round.

But my question is this:

In the NBA you have to trade money for money. So why could they deal Hunter and his contract and not get another player and his contract in return?

you only have to within 15% of salaries if both teams are over the cap.  my guess is that the Hornets are under the cap.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I know that in the NBA when you trade a pick, it's value in the trade is when the players taken with that pick actually sign. Until they sign it counts as $0 in a deal.

The value can come within 25% or can't be more than 125% if the teams are over the cap. If a team is under the cap they can make trades how they please as long as they don't come out over $100,000 over the cap.

I just checked, and apparently the Hornets are under the cap.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

Wow!  The Sixers traded Steven Hunter, huh?

Hmmm... who would have ever guessed that would happen??

Oh yeah, I DID!  Hahahahaha!!!!!!   :-D

Quote« Reply #362 on: August 11, 2005, 11:02:16 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when fluffers disregard facts pertaining to this miserable team and cling to age-old horseshtein assumptions instead.

Steven

Hunter

Sucks.

What part of that don't you people understand?  Signing Steven Hunter to the type of deal that King did is absolutely ludicrous.  Hunter sucks.  He sucks, he sucks, he farging sucks!  Get that through your thick heads!  I watched him in Orlando for three years and he's a walking stiff of a disaster.  You do not, repeat, DO NOT PAY HIM THAT KIND OF MONEY!

Christ.

I rule all and you dopes can kiss my farging ass.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Rome

This one was my favorite...

;D

QuotePhillyPhreak54
2004 Eagles Mock Draft Champ
Inept Judge Of Sixers Talent

Heart & Soul

Re: Sixers Off-Season Thread
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2005, 04:40:35 AM »   

Hunter isn't as bad as Mr. Orlando Magic is making it out to seem.

:flipoff