CF = Malware????

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, July 09, 2009, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Yeah so, my problem with not being able to see the last few posts in a thread continues. 

The glitch occurs in IE, Firefox, and Chrome (all versions properly updated).

It does not happen on my wife's computer, or any other that I use either on our home network or elsewhere.

My logic may not be perfect, but I deduce from these two facts that the problem is not CF or software. 

But you already know all  this from previous discussion.  Here's the new element:

My machine (Lenovo T60p) recently became so malware-laden that it was essentially unusable.  So I reformatted the hard drive.  And guess what?  The problem persists.  WTF?

Spooky shtein if you ask me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

I might do that if I had thousands of extra dollars laying around
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

you don't need that much. Macbook is like 900 bucks.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on December 31, 2009, 10:14:54 AM
Yeah so, my problem with not being able to see the last few posts in a thread continues. 

The glitch occurs in IE, Firefox, and Chrome (all versions properly updated).

It does not happen on my wife's computer, or any other that I use either on our home network or elsewhere.

My logic may not be perfect, but I deduce from these two facts that the problem is not CF or software. 

But you already know all  this from previous discussion.  Here's the new element:

My machine (Lenovo T60p) recently became so malware-laden that it was essentially unusable.  So I reformatted the hard drive.  And guess what?  The problem persists.  WTF?

Spooky shtein if you ask me.

this started back up for me at work again as well about 2 or 3 weeks ago.  new hp laptop w/xp and chrome as my browser.  everything was working great for the first few weeks but then went back to the same old, same old.  i don't get it. 

phattymatty

i'm getting those dotted underlines on some of the words on here which usually means some kind of spyware.  but i'm only getting it on this site so i think there may be something going on here.

phattymatty

never mind, i'm getting it elsewhere also, must be on my end.

Susquehanna Birder

phattymatty

Sgt PSN

I just got a malware detection warning saying that this site contains elements from icons.iconator.com.

I had clicked on the Randall Cunningham thread (page 1) and got the warning.  I closed my browser, tried again and got the same warning (did this 3x total).  Every other thread I've clicked in has no issues.   

General_Failure

It was an avatar stored at iconator.com. I removed it from their profile.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Chrome is warning me that MDS' avatar "may harm your computer."

Eagaholic

General_Failure

Not unless you're some sort of cyborg.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN