Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 24, 2020, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

I'm cheering for Miami this pending season.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i cant tell if you are being serious with the wentz replacement shtein but if you are you are the dumbest mother farger on the planet

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Let's talk for a minute about Hurts himself tho:  good player?

I don't watch college football.  I would imagine given the schools he played for, he's a legit QB prospect, no? 

Nevermind whether they need some other player or whatever..this the player they took.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Who needs CB S and LB?

Surely not Doug and Howard F Roseman.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 24, 2020, 08:59:57 PM

I don't watch college football.  I would imagine given the schools he played for, he's a legit QB prospect, no? 

Nevermind whether they need some other player or whatever..this the player they took.

he stinks....will never be an nfl qb

maybe a solid slot receiver
short yardage guy
inside the five guy

all neat stuff....second rounder tho is preposterous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2020, 08:58:49 PM
i cant tell if you are being serious with the wentz replacement shtein but if you are you are the dumbest mother farger on the planet

there is no other logical explanation for this pick without it. howie isnt dumb enough to take tysom hill in the 2nd round or take some qb they can flip for a future 3 in 2023. they have to view hurts as a potential starter and envisioned a scenario where he gets the keys and they move wentz.

if that is not in their plans at all then this is the worst pick in the history of all drafts including fantasy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'm not discussing the merits of Jalen Hurts. 

IGY nailed it.  Worst pick in the history of the sport.  Utterly ridiculous.  This dwarfs Marcus Smith or Kevin Allen or the farging Canadian fire watcher. 

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 24, 2020, 09:01:35 PM
Who needs CB S and LB?

Surely not Doug and Howard F Roseman.

You forgot DE.

But anyway.  They took Hurts. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

So we addressed punt returner and back up qb so far...guess we're taking a long snapper in the 3rd

PhillyPhreak54

Second round option QB trick play dude

That's what the farging fourth round is for. Well actually they burned one of those too last year on that flaming bag of shtein Clayton Thorson

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2020, 09:02:19 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on April 24, 2020, 08:59:57 PM

he stinks....will never be an nfl qb

maybe a solid slot receiver
short yardage guy
inside the five guy

all neat stuff....second rounder tho is preposterous

This times a million

Part of me is holding out hope they're flipping him to the Jags for Ngawouke but I think we would have heard rumblings by now

Don Ho

QuoteKiper sees more upside in Hurts, however:

"I'm more optimistic here. I don't think Hurts is going to be a first-round pick, but he could land in Round 2 if he keeps playing this well. I want to see him against the Longhorns and better competition the rest of the way. Remember, he is doing this for an OU team that replaced four starters along the offensive line and lost its best receiver in Marquise Brown, who was drafted in Round 1 by the Baltimore Ravens. I don't think Hurts is a fluke. He's legit."

Strange pick, hoping for the Taysom Hill strategy
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles_Legendz

I love Jalen.  One of my favorite college players ever.  But I never thought he was a legit nfl prospect.  Incredibly strong.  Durable.  Never read the field well.  Hope I'm wrong.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 24, 2020, 09:02:28 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2020, 08:58:49 PM

there is no other logical explanation for this pick without it. howie isnt dumb enough to take tysom hill in the 2nd round or take some qb they can flip for a future 3 in 2023. they have to view hurts as a potential starter and envisioned a scenario where he gets the keys and they move wentz.

if that is not in their plans at all then this is the worst pick in the history of all drafts including fantasy

you know its actually a worse pick if they took him to be their future starting QB over carson wentz than if they did for trick play offense reasons?

SD

Even if he is the next Taysom Hill that novelty on offense isn't worth a 2nd round pick/backup