Who to start thread 2010

Started by Munson, September 09, 2010, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I tend to agree but really: tossup.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

I should add that it's PPR so Fitz is the safe play....I'm just gonna be pissed if he puts up a stinker and Lloyd goes off for 2 TDs against the zesty Texans secondary
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

which one:  bradshaw or jacobs?

or both (hey, it worked against SunMo's paper champs), and bench: rashad jennings (MJD is out) or blount
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Gotta keep Blount in there...dude's on a roll (and on my other championship team)

I might say farg both of them and go with Jennings against Washington.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I'm going with three RBs (one in my flex).

So it's Blount, Jennings, and.....which one? 

Diomedes

Quote from: Munson on December 24, 2010, 04:37:11 PM
I should add that it's PPR so Fitz is the safe play....I'm just gonna be pissed if he puts up a stinker and Lloyd goes off for 2 TDs against the zesty Texans secondary

yes, PPR makes Fitz the smart play. 

Munson

I'd go with Bradshaw simply because he'll be involved in both the run and passing game. Jacobs is most likely only going to score if they're down in close. Bradshaw's actually seemed to benefit from the new time share (minus last week against the Eagles)

Diomedes

Munson

Here's my other team's situation (non-PPR), one that has me more and more confused.

I need to fill a WR slot and a WR/Flex slot between these guys:

Fred Jackson vs. NE
Hakeem Nicks @ GB
Jeremy Maclin vs. MIN
Pierre Garcon @ OAK
Pierre Thomas @ ATL

Nicks is going against a good GB secondary. Jackson's last few weeks have sucked, but ESPN posted an interesting blurb about how he's close to 1000 yards and last year BUF fed him the ball a ton to get him to a 1000, so they might do the same this year. Maclin's facing a terrible MIN team, but he's been inconsistent fantasy-wise. And the pierre's are afterthoughts right now but worth mentioning just in case.

If Andre Johnson can't go it's a moot point and I'll just start Nicks and Maclin and put Jackson in the Flex.

Munson

Help me pick my 3 keepers to defend my championship next season. The points scored still aren't updated with this weeks scores, but whatever

Michael Vick 300

Jamaal Charles 208
Lagarrette Blount 122
Fred Jackson 138
Chris Ivory 88

Hakeem Nicks 165
Jeremy Maclin 149
Michael Crabtree 99
Pierre Garcon 96

Jason Witten 136

Pittsburgh D 165

Vick and Charles are the obvious ones....I was leaning towards Nicks most of the year, but Blount made a strong case for himself....and I'm stupidly giving thought to Witten or the Pitt D too for some reason.

Diomedes

Munson

As of right now, no, but there will be an offseason gathering of owners to decide on any rule changes as I've been clamoring for some sort of PPR system all year.

Diomedes

You have to declare your keepers before the powwow?  That makes no sense if you change rules.

If it's PPR, Blount's value isn't great.

Munson

No, we can declare up until around our draft next season, I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I can. If they make the switch to PPR I think I'll def go with Nicks of Witten, but yeah.

Diomedes

Okay, you are not smart.

This isn't worth thinking about until after that meeting.  And not just because your idiot league might change scoring rules.

I'll let you figure out why else yourself, or at least poll a lot of dumb people so you can consider their awesome opinions.