Who to start?

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, September 08, 2005, 03:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Who should I start? Granted there are some easy picks, but looking to get the most I can. Looking at machups like
Mason against Indy, Branch against the Raiders, etc. My picks are in bold.

QBs
Brady, Tom QB NE  OAK  
Palmer, Carson QB CIN @CLE

RBs
Alexander, Shaun RB SEA JAX
Jones, Kevin RB DET GB

Williams, Carnell RB TB @MIN

WRs
Burleson, Nate WR MIN TB
Johnson, Chad WR CIN @CLE

Branch, Deion WR NE OAK
Mason, Derrick WR BAL IND
Smith, Rod WR DEN @MIA

TEs
Smith, L.J. TE PHI @ATL
Jolley, Doug TE NYJ  @KC

K
Rackers, Neil K ARI @NYG

DST
Jaguars, DST @ SEA

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mason has Kyle Boller throwing to him.

HOLLA

Philly_Crew

Looks good although don't be suprised to see Rod Smith go off against the Dolphins.  It will either be him or Lelie so Burleson is probably the safer choice.

MURP

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Question:

In one of my leagues I have Drew Brees and Brian Griese as my QBs (yes I'll shoot myself at some point this year).

Here's my question, Brees is playing a pretty good Dallas D without his favorite target (Gates is suspended for game one). While Greise, while still being Greise, is playing Minnesota and Gruden loves to pass around the goalline.

Who do I start?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

brees

easy

the fact that you have brian griese on your team at all is utterly disgusting.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Griese will be serviceable from time to time. Better than McMullen anyway.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

Wingspan

dont try and cover your lack of fantasy skills with lame humor. it doesnt work. you're weak, and your team with crumble.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

That team is money. I will destroy all!

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

Brees has plenty of weapons. The backup TE in San Diego, forget his name at the moment, is no slouch either. McCardell is plenty hip to the system by now, and you never forget about LT. A 5 yard dump pass to LT that he turns into a 50 yard scamper still counts for 55 passing yards. Brees will be better than last year. Mark my works bitches!
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 08, 2005, 06:46:49 PM
Brees has plenty of weapons. The backup TE in San Diego, forget his name at the moment, is no slouch either. McCardell is plenty hip to the system by now, and you never forget about LT. A 5 yard dump pass to LT that he turns into a 50 yard scamper still counts for 55 passing yards. Brees will be better than last year. Mark my works bitches!

The rest may be accurate, but I'll be shocked if he plays better than last year. I don't even expect him to play AS WELL as last year, let alone better.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

I'm thinking with McCardell settled in, and comfy, a fully healthy LT (he had a groin problem through most of the season last year), Gates happy with his new contract, and improvments on the o-line and their defense. He will have a marginally better year. There are some serious weapons there, and with Brees "waking up" there isn't alot of reason to think he would regress.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 08, 2005, 03:02:22 PM
Who should I start? Granted there are some easy picks, but looking to get the most I can. Looking at machups like
Mason against Indy, Branch against the Raiders, etc. My picks are in bold.

QBs
Brady, Tom QB NE  OAK 
Palmer, Carson QB CIN @CLE

RBs
Alexander, Shaun RB SEA JAX
Jones, Kevin RB DET GB

Williams, Carnell RB TB @MIN

WRs
Burleson, Nate WR MIN TB
Johnson, Chad WR CIN @CLE

Branch, Deion WR NE OAK
Mason, Derrick WR BAL IND
Smith, Rod WR DEN @MIA

TEs
Smith, L.J. TE PHI @ATL
Jolley, Doug TE NYJ  @KC

K
Rackers, Neil K ARI @NYG

DST
Jaguars, DST @ SEA

I meant to reply to this earlier today when I was at work but never got a chance to but I was going to say you might want to consider starting Branch, most likely in favor of Burleson because (a) the Raiders will have one of the worst defenses in the league and (b) I've got this thing about playing guys who are playing on MNF.  Yeah, it's Thursday but it's the first game and it has the MNF "feel" to it. 

Anywho, doesn't really matter now because the game's in the 4th qtr.  But Branch is having a solid game so far.  Hopefully Burleson equals or exceeds that for ya.