2004 CF Fantasy Football

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 07, 2004, 09:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

i sent a bunch of you guys emails (to the addys you either IMed me with or the one you have listed in your profile on here)   check your email and join so I can find out how many open spots we have.

troyhstewart

I'm in.  :yay

haven't checked the board much the last 3 weeks because I went on vacation.

JTrotterFan

Well...if there are any spots left, i'll get in.
2004 NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!

mikey418

Yeah PG...I think I was somehow involved in that.  It was for some late round RB that people kept on over-looking...and he sucked it up that year anyhow...
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

mussa

spots left?? or am i gonna have to start another madd league?

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

MURP

Since there is such a strong interest in the CFFFL this year I am considering changing the settup.  This still depends on the overall number of people who want in.  The most I can get into a league is 20, which is the highest  # Yahoo allows.   I may switch the league to an overall points league instead of a head to head battle.  Im not fond of the points league, but the shear number of teams in the league would prevent almost half of us from playing one another in the first place.  Also i may change it to starting 1QB, 1RB,2WR,1K,1D and one RB/WR.   That would curb the severe lack of RB's available who start in the NFL.  

Either way, this many teams in the league will require strict draft rules.  The draft is on this board and starts at the beggining of August.  If you are not able to spend the time dont sign up.  its appreciated by all.  

When we have the final # of teams signed up i'll let everyone know what the final league settings will be etc.

Zanshin

That wouldn't be my preference...but I'm not much of a boat-rocker.  Sounds more lame than previous years.  I'd rather just split the league into two if you want to incorporate more teams.

If it really helps, I'll bail since I'm already in the Keeper League. I'm flexible.

MDS

I would try to take you all down, but being back at camp will make it impossible to be apart of a board draft.......IMO you should split it up into two leagues (an A league and B league, or just random) for better competition, so guys arent stuck with Freddie Mitchell as a starting WR.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

RomeyRome

Quote from: Zanshin on July 08, 2004, 03:47:43 PM
That wouldn't be my preference...but I'm not much of a boat-rocker.  Sounds more lame than previous years.  I'd rather just split the league into two if you want to incorporate more teams.

If it really helps, I'll bail since I'm already in the Keeper League. I'm flexible.
I agree, about the not my preference part, not the Zanshin leaving the league part.

RomeyRome

How about this.  16 is too much, going with 20 teams is way too much IMO.  And to take the teams from 2 QBs and 2 Rbs to one at each position sucks IMO.  Shoot I have to admit that the 3 WR format was sounding fun to me.

Why don't we try and attempt a new format.  We set up 2 leagues, almost like a AFC and NFC for CFFFL.  You set up 10-12 in each league, then you play the season.  Then you have some sort of playoffs for each league, then you take the ultimate winners of each league and have a super bowl, or main championship game of CFFFL.  The each season we'll be able to improve the leagues, and make a better format to handle more people, while keeping the CFFFL a fun league (i.e. without stripping it down to 1 RB and 1 QB)
We'd have to come up with a way to do the playoffs, I mean shoot when you are down to one to 4 teams, we could do the scoring on here if we have to, on the CF board using the Yahoo format that we had used all season so that nothing is changed.  Maybe just for the champ game.

Having more than one RB, and more than one QB is key to FFLs IMO.

That's my 2 cents, give it some thought.

RomeyRome

Quote from: Zanshin on July 08, 2004, 03:58:58 PM
Quote from: NB on July 08, 2004, 03:57:01 PM

I agree, about the not my preference part, not the Zanshin leaving the league part.

I bet.  If I drafted like you, I'd be worried about the competition, too.

lol, I've had 2 straight good years of drafting, minus two straight years of thee worst 1st round picks in FFL history :boom  If my first round picks were FFL studs, then I'd have done fine, as the rest of my 2 drafts were good with scoring and talent, but my 2 first round picks have been complete garbage, which is my fault of course and that has been the difference between me and everyone else.

You can call me the AR of CFFFL first round drafting :-X :paranoid

Zanshin

lol...you'll remember taking Marshall Faulk over Priest Holmes forever.  ;)

Tomahawk

I'm not in yet as MURP had an old e-mail addy, but I will be soon. I'm ready to give PhillyGirl the bad luck I had in the league and take all the good fortune that got her so far.

joneszilla

Quote from: NB on July 08, 2004, 03:57:23 PM
How about this.  16 is too much, going with 20 teams is way too much IMO.  And to take the teams from 2 QBs and 2 Rbs to one at each position sucks IMO.  Shoot I have to admit that the 3 WR format was sounding fun to me.

Why don't we try and attempt a new format.  We set up 2 leagues, almost like a AFC and NFC for CFFFL.  You set up 10-12 in each league, then you play the season.  Then you have some sort of playoffs for each league, then you take the ultimate winners of each league and have a super bowl, or main championship game of CFFFL.  The each season we'll be able to improve the leagues, and make a better format to handle more people, while keeping the CFFFL a fun league (i.e. without stripping it down to 1 RB and 1 QB)
We'd have to come up with a way to do the playoffs, I mean shoot when you are down to one to 4 teams, we could do the scoring on here if we have to, on the CF board using the Yahoo format that we had used all season so that nothing is changed.  Maybe just for the champ game.

We do that in my league at home.  2 leagues of 10-12 teams.  Top 3-4  in each league makes the playoffs.  Then the winner of each league faces each other.  It's sometimes strange b/c the 2 teams in the championship game may share 2-3 of the same players but it adds to the strategy.  

16 teams is just plain rough.  If any of your players get hurt or is on bye for that matter(especially RB) the chances of having a capable backup on the roster, or picking up anything even half decent on waivers is almost zero.  That's why if we go the 16 team route the 1 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex(RB or WR) works best IMO.