The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 19, 2020, 11:47:06 PM
Yeah I wanted something on that too.

I really enjoyed the doc. I'm amused at the people who are offended that he was hard on his teammates.

there isnt one person who is mad he was hard on his teammates...i personally dont care but some people think its a joke that he made an entire documentary and covered up all his shortcomings under the guise of being the ultimate competitor....and those people have a very fair point
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

mike got "suspended" and may wind up getting pushed out...seems like nobody there can stand him (big shock) but he is literally their only competitive show in the market so it seems unlikely
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on May 27, 2020, 08:19:39 PM
mike got "suspended" and may wind up getting pushed out...seems like nobody there can stand him (big shock) but he is literally their only competitive show in the market so it seems unlikely

Breaking news:  Mike Missanelli is an icehole. 

Can't imaging them cutting loose.  May as well shutter the station.

(Side note:  the company that owns 97.5 is based in Naples.  shteinhole company.  97.5 is screwed.)

Munson

Outside of that little flip out, it seemed like him/Tyrone/Natalie had a pretty good rapport
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

He was definitely suspended despite what he says

The pandemic is killing Beasley and they're starting their next round of layoffs. He makes a lot of money and his firing is being heavily discussed. He has other issues I'm not getting into

Rome

I've heard he's a closet Cowboys fan.  Is that one of the things?

SD

Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2020, 10:24:03 AM
I've heard he's a closet Cowboys fan.  Is that one of the things?

100% no.

phattymatty

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/michael-jordan-wizards/

I just moved to DC the same time as MJ and I honestly don't remember him being retired for 3 full years before coming to the wiz.  In my head it was only a year off.

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on May 28, 2020, 08:49:16 AM
He has other issues I'm not getting into

classic DV case

he has serious anger issues and doesnt respect really anyone let alone some mouthy broad
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2020, 08:23:17 PM

classic DV case

he has serious anger issues and doesnt respect really anyone let alone some mouthy broad

Nope

Munson

You hinting at substance? I know he had that back issue thing a while back and had to take shtein for it

Don't gotta say if you feel uncomfortable, but I don't think anyone of us 13 people here will out you haha
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on May 28, 2020, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2020, 08:23:17 PM

classic DV case

Nope

there is a 100% chance he beat his woman...might be no proof but we all know it happened

SD

Quote from: Munson on May 28, 2020, 09:26:31 PM
You hinting at substance? I know he had that back issue thing a while back and had to take shtein for it

Don't gotta say if you feel uncomfortable, but I don't think anyone of us 13 people here will out you haha

Big negative

Not getting into it

No he didn't hit a women either although I'm sure some deserved it. I know a lot of females he's worked/works with and never heard of him being disrespectful.

SD

Vick 30 for 30 is legit good.
McGwire/Sosa is decent.
Bruce Lee was so boring I turned it off after 30 minutes

A man and his shoes on Vice goes into the Jordan sneaker rise and phenomenon. Worth watching

You watch the shoes and Vick docs and they show the cultural shift of portraying black athletes into mainstream marketing and how black celebrities were previously marketed to appeal to a white audience (Hertz/OJ). 2020 and not much has changed, white MAGA nuts will only embrace black celebrities as long as they conform to their cultural expectations.

Rome

You're not being like water, SD.