The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: phattymatty on May 02, 2020, 08:04:26 PM
do you know that?  I figured they were not going to touch the gambling thing at all. 

the dad part they have to at least a little.

the director said nothing was off limits and they get into it...in fact mike wanted it brought up so he can dismiss the conspiracies that are 1000% true
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Buddy was telling me last night the directors from Philly...said he watched an interview somewhere and they're holding nothing back.

MDS

he is decisively from newtown, mass
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 03, 2020, 12:21:30 PM
he is decisively from newtown, mass

Ok clarified it's the executive producer he said he thinks he's from haverton but definitely Philly area

MDS

oh mike tollin....he doesnt have a ton to do with it, but he hes a philly guy

has made a bunch of terrible movies over the years

phattymatty

I'd bet a few of the 900 executive producers are from philly area.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on May 02, 2020, 08:04:26 PM
do you know that?  I figured they were not going to touch the gambling thing at all. 

the dad part they have to at least a little.

they will do the gambling but it will be framed in cute and funny way...or it will be about how he was a maniac competitor on and off the court
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Watched Ali/Frazier I last night on ESPN.  Simply beautiful.  Ali was so amazing, damn he was a thing of beauty in the ring but Smokin' Joe was pure beast mode that night.  Burt Lancaster did the color commentary, he wasn't bad.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

MJ watching the glove on video saying he was wearing him down was lol 😂 the last dance is it as far as sports docs go. It just gets better every week

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on May 11, 2020, 12:04:51 AM
MJ watching the glove on video saying he was wearing him down was lol 😂 the last dance is it as far as sports docs go. It just gets better every week

check out oj made in america....last dance is great but it looks like an after school special compared to that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i agree, the one about the murderer is a bit darker than the one about basketball.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 12, 2020, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: AO1 on May 11, 2020, 12:04:51 AM

check out oj made in america....last dance is great but it looks like an after school special compared to that

Saw it...actually forgot all about it...the most memorable part of that doc -and it sort of overshadows the rest of series for me - is when they showed Nicole/other guy with their throats slit. 

MDS

i have very fond memories about gruesome murder pictures, too. especially when its a woman.

phattymatty

I'm in love with the last dance.  I just caught up on 8 and one weird thing I realized is that there has not been a single mention of his wife - I think he said thanks to her once in a speech - but kinda strange.  kids either, they showed them playing once or twice but he's basically been married since the first title and nothing about it.

maybe it wasn't exciting but still find it odd to go ten episodes in depth and not touch on family other than his dads murder.  Guess maybe those were his rules when he gave the ok.

Munson

Apparently saw his sons/daughter commented on it on social media or something. Daughter said something to the effect of how now she really sees why he was such a big deal/the GOAT
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds