Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 22, 2020, 05:22:24 PM
Another Nola start lost.

Faced some shteinbag who was 0-5 with a 7 ERA

Nola until proven otherwise melts in big games like shaved ice in Death Valley on the 4th of July.  He'd shtein the mound going up against Dodgers, Cubs, Padres basically any team in the asterisk season's post-season. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

i think this it how it goes this weekend

3-0  :yay
2-1  ???
1-2  :boo
0-3  :poison

they actually have a scenario where florida loses the next 3, phils win the next 2 and they clinch and could hold nola for g1
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

At this point just put me out of my damned misery.

This team is fundamentally and fatally flawed.

Well, the team is fundamentally flawed... the organization is the fatality.

PhillyPhreak54

I hate this team.

I'll be watching.

PhillyPhreak54

Against my better judgement I have bet the Phillies tonight.

Strictly because of line movement.

Geowhizzer

They haven't lost yet?

QB Eagles

Yikes. I wouldn't go near that unless parlayed with the Marlins.

PhillyPhreak54

I was going to take TB until I saw the line plummeting.

In VV I trust

Geowhizzer

The only thing in MLB worse than the Phils' bullpen this season has been the umpires' strike zones.

So damned inconsistent - not just from umpire to umpire, but even pitch to pitch.  Time to go to a robot.

PhillyPhreak54

The called ball before the HR - god damn

But yeah their bullpen just cannot help themselves

QB Eagles

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 25, 2020, 08:59:16 PM
So damned inconsistent - not just from umpire to umpire, but even pitch to pitch.  Time to go to a robot.

I work at an AI company. Learning to call balls and strikes would be such a simple application of the technology that it's laughable. I get having the human element involved in parts of the game that require real judgement calls, but with balls and strikes all the umps are giving you is wild inconsistency and incompetence compared to a computer.

Geowhizzer

farg you, Tommy Hunter....

And farg you, Adam Morgan....

and farg you, Hector Neris....

And a great big farg you to Matt Klentak.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 25, 2020, 06:02:56 PM
Against my better judgement I have bet the Phillies tonight.

lol
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

S'all good - MTSU won that back for me. And if the Doyers can hold on that'll help too.

It's fitting that they were killed by the BP tonight. Consistent all "season".

Now we need Klentak and MacPhail jettisoned to the moon

MDS

unfortunately theyre not even dead yet. very much alive actually.

win the next 2, SF loses 1, IN. go 1-1, SF loses both, MIL/NYM lose 1, IN. two pretty plausible scenarios. except the phillies winning part.