Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

No one has faith in Kingery, Knapp, Haseley, PH Quinn down by 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th? 

Didn't think so.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

If this travesty of a team makes this AYSO playoff format, god help us all.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

It's funny that you used the word travesty there.  That's exactly what I thought when I read about the latest bloody bullpen miscarriage.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on September 17, 2020, 11:13:57 PM
No one has faith in Kingery, Knapp, Haseley, PH Quinn down by 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th?

its truly unbelievable how vanilla their young players are...im not even asking for a harper or chipper jones or correra...they cant even sniff a farging pat burrell
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

There seems to be an explosion of new talent all over baseball, too. Every team but the Phils generates these guys. Feel like I've only seen it once in my lifetime with the Phillies.

SD

The Mets got Alonso in the 2nd round of the same draft the Phillies took Moniak #1 overall.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah look at SD and CHW...loaded with young ballers.

Meanwhile we get slopballing bums and guys who need to be shipped off to the glue factory.

MDS

theres mostly luck in producing players like tatis, harper, soto, acuna, etc. either theyre a bonafide you bid highest for when theyre 16 or the #1 pick falls to you. most of time theyre a decent prospect that breaks out somewhere in A or AA, like tatis. remember he was traded for james shields - by the white sox.

the phillies not having one of those* is just the bad luck that youd come to expect out of a wretched franchise like this. whats the real organizational calamity is not producing low all-star to very good players. they were horrendous for 5 years, hoarded capital and picks. they came out with like alec bohm and spencer howard. haseley, kingery, hoskins and moniak are all terrible. and those are the only ones good enough to even make it this far.

*sixto is one of these players. hes already a top 10 pitcher in baseball and is a generational talent. he was traded for a catcher that will play 1.5 years here then go to the mets.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Phils up 1-0

I took TOR live +170.

ice grillin you

The Mets have optioned Luis Guillorme.

He's only hitting .347/.431/.429

They do it for an arm in Franklyn Kilome.

Rome

Imagine if the Mets traded Seaver or the Dodgers traded Valenzuela or the Braves traded Smoltz in the beginning of their careers.  Great teams develop bonafide aces and they hang onto them for dear life. 

The Phillies produce one about once every fifty years.  They lucked out with Sixto and still managed to piss him away for a rental. 

That's why they're horrendous century after century. 

ice grillin you

even if jt isnt a rental its still a horrendous trade

Rome

Who's the greatest catcher of the last 50 years?  Probably Johnny Bench or Pudge Rodriguez in my era.

I can name a hundred starters who are more valuable than either of them.

And I like JT too but it was just a Phillies special sort of dumb from the outset.

ice grillin you

also hes on 30...if he was 26 like when they got harper it would be one thing...of course the trade wouldnt have happened if he was 26 but still

Don Ho

Speaking of bullpen miscarriages.......................