{ Hunting Thread }

Started by mussa, November 16, 2006, 06:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Who hunts, who has and what have you killed and devoured?

My first season hunting in almost 10 yrs.  Going up to Potter County, PA (Cross Fork to be exact) nxt Fri-Monday, then hunt Bradford Co. for a day or two.  Spent $200 bucks at Cabelas today cause all my old hunting gear is too small or worn out. I better get me a buck.   :fire

I only ever shot one buck,  when I was 16, on my 3rd year hunting. Went one more year after and then gave it up during college and past few yrs. So techically I'm 1/4, not bad. I'd like to go out west with my pops one of these years and go for Elk. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Hunted once, no license no deer  :paranoid.  I want to get into hunting, just never really prepared for it. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

I hunt and devour beaver on the weekends. 

Diomedes

I've never hunted.  Not interested in killing things.

I am however a big fan of anyone who shoots deer.  We have far too many of those things jumping in the roads, killing motorcyclists. 

Shoot Bambi.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Chuggie is known in some parts of the world as the Cockodile Hunter.  Not sure if that counts though. 

hbionic

I've hunted ants with a magnifying glass. I killed a whole lotta them.  :poison
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on November 16, 2006, 06:43:04 PM
I've never hunted.  Not interested in killing things.

I am however a big fan of anyone who shoots deer.  We have far too many of those things jumping in the roads, killing motorcyclists. 

Shoot Bambi.

2nd to all of the above

methdeez

I went target shooting with my sis this weekend and rented a 50 caliber desert eagle for fun. That thing was ridic. I could barely hang onto it.

Susquehanna Birder

Been deer and small game hunting, but never bagged anything. I did shoot a dove once, and I ate it (not on the spot). It wasn't worth all the trouble.

Seabiscuit36

Off topic here but im getting my Glock 9mm tomorrow  :yay 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

This will be only the second year since I turned 12 that will not have been in the woods ridding the world of deer. farg those farging things. I hate getting up early and sitting in a tree and seeing nothing 50% of the time, but any chance I get to cap off one of those forrest-rats I will take.

I'm a pretty good shot with a 30 .06 or at least I was two years ago.

I've hunted a lot of small game as well, but mostly just as a favor to farmers out in podunk virginia that my pops knows.

The truth is that I don't actually like hunting enough to do it on my own, but I hate deer enough to succumb to my dad's pestering to freeze my balls off in the woods once in a while.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I would have bet every dollar I have that rjs wouldn't be a hunter.

A murdering psychopath?  Sure.

A hunter?  Not so much.

Anyway, we used to hunt all the time when I lived in New Jersey.  Small game, ducks, etc.  Deer season was fun although sitting out in the woods in a stand freezing your cock off wasn't very pleasant.  I haven't hunted since I moved to Florida.  Too many things that can kill your ass in the woods down here and that's not including the inbred fargs who live out there either.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: rjs246 on November 16, 2006, 08:19:57 PM
This will be only the second year since I turned 12 that will not have been in the woods ridding the world of deer. farg those farging things. I hate getting up early and sitting in a tree and seeing nothing 50% of the time, but any chance I get to cap off one of those forrest-rats I will take.

My biggest fear out there was that I would actually shoot one and have to field dress it and drag it home.

I figured I could do better if I just caught one, tied it to a tree, and just beat the shtein out of it for a while.

Rome

^ I just had a vision of Stallone beating the shtein out of the cow's carcass in the freezer.

Susquehanna Birder

That's close. But at least the buck can wave his head around in a vain attempt at self defense.