Zarqawi Dead

Started by hbionic, June 08, 2006, 05:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I posted it first!

...and who farging cares all around. In a deep dark pit of my heart, I was kind of rooting for this guy.  I wonder if Bin Laden has finished digging his 5-mile deep hole in Pakistan.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Feva

If there ever was a candidate for the good riddance thread... this is it.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

{BUSH}This is a huge victory for our fight for freedom. One less evil-doer who hated liberty. Now lets see what we can do about those flags. I propose the war on queerism. God bless us all.{BUSH}
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MadMarchHare

I'm glad he's dead, mostly because of the guy who's head he sawed off with a serrated knife.
But this will have absolutely no effect on what's going on in Iraq.  If anything, it will increase the number of attacks in the short term.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

Good riddance indeed.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Butchers Bill

Quote from: MadMarchHare on June 08, 2006, 07:46:03 AM
I'm glad he's dead, mostly because of the guy who's head he sawed off with a serrated knife.
But this will have absolutely no effect on what's going on in Iraq.  If anything, it will increase the number of attacks in the short term.

Agreed.  The problem with fighting an organization rather than a nation is that its leaders are usually easily replaced.  Six months from now there will be someone in his place.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

But this will have absolutely no effect on what's going on in Iraq.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I disagree, Joel.  al-Zarqawi was the head of the snake in Iraq.  Killing him was a major strike against al-Qaida.

Sure, someone will take his place but the fact is he was quickly gaining legendary and almost mythical stature in the Middle East.  Taking him out lets the ragheads know that anyone can be gotten to eventually.

This might be a crushing blow to the insurgency in Iraq.  Then again, it might not.  I sure as hell hope it is.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 08, 2006, 08:53:34 AM
I disagree, Joel.  al-Zarqawi was the head of the snake in Iraq.  Killing him was a major strike against al-Qaida.

Sure, someone will take his place but the fact is he was quickly gaining legendary and almost mythical stature in the Middle East.  Taking him out lets the ragheads know that anyone can be gotten to eventually.

This might be a crushing blow to the insurgency in Iraq.  Then again, it might not.  I sure as hell hope it is.

I hope you are correct...time will tell.

Diomedes

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 08, 2006, 08:53:34 AMTaking him out lets the ragheads know that anyone can be gotten to eventually.

Please stay in Florida.  You're not just dreaming, you're doing it out loud with KKK language.  Nice.

Also, you are mistaken about the snake's head/major blow idea.  The insurgency in Iraq will continue as long as the occupation continues.   The U.S. has lost and everyone knows it.  It's just a matter of time.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

fyi - the 'ragheads' consider it an honor to die and will be lining up to carry on this cats legacy and would be more than happy to go out like he did

lolol @ you thinking these guys are worried that the US might be able to get to them

the only way this effects anything is if zarqawi was some sort of tactical genius and has leadership skills that are irreplacable...i highly doubt thats the case but that would be the only scenario where this would negatively effect the insurgency
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Diomedes on June 08, 2006, 09:18:24 AM
The U.S. has lost and everyone knows it.  It's just a matter of time.

Define "lost".  Its actually impossible for the US to "lose" the war in Iraq...we will not be defeated on the battlefield.  I actually see a "Vietnamish" finish to this one, where we establish a crooked, creaky "democracy", withdrawal our troops declaring "peace with honor", then the Islamofacists will overthrow the democracy.

Seabiscuit36

much like Somalia, except we backed warlords and thats backfiring.  Im just happy the punk is dead i hope he bled out slowly.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

I take it they've positively identified the body this time?

BigEd76

http://news.yahoo.com has a picture of his pale dead head....