What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Susquehanna Birder

I like that vein of chill sometimes, too. (One song from The Postal Service is used, strangely enough, in ads for UPS.)

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on March 03, 2010, 10:48:10 AM
Pandora suggested this bad called The Postal Service. I made a channel for it on Pandora and it's good, chill kind of shtein. It's already kept me from lashing out at at least two coworkers.

irony

mussa

Just realized the lead singer of Postal service is same guy from Dashboard Confessional. Double ew. Ha, no I can dig Postal not so much Dashboard
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

yeah that was the reason for my original ew.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: mussa on March 03, 2010, 04:40:05 PM
Just realized the lead singer of Postal service is same guy from Dashboard Confessional. Double ew. Ha, no I can dig Postal not so much Dashboard

not Dashboard. He is the front man from Death Cab for Cutie. Ben Gibbard. He's also married to Zooey Deschanel. Nice work by him.

Mad-Lad

Listening to Goblin Cock. Amazing band

Diomedes

they've got one of the best band names ever
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: Mad-Lad on March 03, 2010, 10:10:14 PM

not Dashboard. He is the front man from Death Cab for Cutie. Ben Gibbard. He's also married to Zooey Deschanel. Nice work by him.

The Postal Service is good. Death Cab for Cutie is listenable. Zoey Daschanel gets the bone. Win. Win. Win.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: Diomedes on March 03, 2010, 10:17:45 PM
they've got one of the best band names ever

as long as you don't tell someone "I'm a huge fan of Goblin Cock."  People may think you're talking about something other than music.

Munson

Didn't realize we had Postal Service listeners here  :-D

The song from the UPS commercials might be their Iron and Wine cover, but I can't remember. I haven't listened to them in a few years now.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: rjs246 on March 03, 2010, 10:19:42 PM
Quote from: Mad-Lad on March 03, 2010, 10:10:14 PM

The Postal Service is good. Death Cab for Cutie is listenable. Zoey Daschanel gets the bone. Win. Win. Win.

Level of agreement: 100%

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Munson on March 03, 2010, 10:36:12 PM
Didn't realize we had Postal Service listeners here  :-D

The song from the UPS commercials might be their Iron and Wine cover, but I can't remember. I haven't listened to them in a few years now.

From their Wiki page:

The album's most well-known single was "Such Great Heights", which was featured in advertisements for UPS and Kaiser Permanente. The song was covered by Iron and Wine and featured on the soundtrack for the film Garden State, as well as a commercial for M&M's. It was later covered by Amanda Palmer, Ben Folds, Brack Cantrell, Confide, and The Shins.

mussa

Death Cab, Dashboard, they are both gay
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Crystal Antlers - Tentacles  :yay :yay