What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

It's music made better because it reminds you of the other stuff.

mussa

No it rocks the farg out. Plain and simple. Achilles Last Stand is an awesome song, wow.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

So the fact that it reminds you of good times doesn't make it better to you?  I'm not saying that's wrong...but it has to be that way, or you wouldn't have brought it up.

Rome

I was doing yard work this morning so I listened to the following albums on the iPod:

1. Permanent Waves - Rush

2. Darkness On The Edge Of Town - Bruce

3. Exile On Main Street - Stones

4. Stonger Than Pride - Sade

5. Katy Lied - Steely Dan

I had them on shuffle which actually makes it more pleasant to listen to all the way through since you don't know what's coming next.

I'm beat and need 12 beers. 

mussa

Quote from: Zanshin on March 29, 2007, 12:56:21 PM
So the fact that it reminds you of good times doesn't make it better to you?  I'm not saying that's wrong...but it has to be that way, or you wouldn't have brought it up.

No. I could look at the ground a see a piece of wood and say, hey thats reminds me of bon fire parties i used to have. it doesn't make the piece of wood better. it just reminds me of the old days. the music is as good as its gonna get, it's not all a sudden better because i smoked a doober to it in 98.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Wingspan

Quote from: NGM on March 24, 2007, 11:30:39 AM
Quote from: Wingspan on March 22, 2007, 11:02:43 AM
Anyone get to hear Modest Mouse's new album?

The only reviews I can find for it are the fanboy "ON NO! THIS SUCKS! IT DOESNT SOUND EXACTLY LIKE THE OTHERS, SELLOUTS!"

I have it; its pretty good.  I thought it was very similar to "Good news for people who like bad news."  One very poppy single to sell the album and the rest is their unique weird-ass sound.

Picked this up the other night...very good.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

The last four artists on XM's 70's station:

Jefferson Starship
Todd Rundgren
Sugarhill Gang
Bread

:-D

Good songs, though.

phattymatty

Rome

Okay - they just crossed the line.  They're playing the Carpenters now.

:boom

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 30, 2007, 01:50:54 PM
Okay - they just crossed the line.  They're playing the Carpenters now.

:boom

My parents' song was "Close To You" by The Carpenters.

It goes without saying that they're divorced.

Rome

MURP

Goatmoon - Finnish Steel Storm

Geowhizzer

Listened to Zeppelin on the way home from work.

mussa

Freaky Styley - Red Hot Chili Peppers

MURP

Defeated Sanity - Psalms of the Moribund