What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing & Black Market Music
Massive Attack - Heligoland
Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Dillen

Sleeping With Ghosts is Placebo's best album by far. That band can be pretty homo sometimes but I still dig them.

charlie

I don't know if it's good or not. I can't make up my mind. But, I can't stop listening to Gogol Bordello. It's a fascinating blend of music styles... best desribed as a greek-punk-flamenco? I dunno.

Someone else listen to it (Trans-Continental Hustle) and tell me how I should feel about it?

mussa

Gogol Bordello is talented man. Like it or not you gotta respect what he does. Live performances are said to be amazing. I dig his stuff, just not something I would listen to that often  :yay

Quote from: Dillen on April 14, 2010, 09:18:51 PM
Sleeping With Ghosts is Placebo's best album by far. That band can be pretty homo sometimes but I still dig them.

Haven't gotten to that cd yet, thanks. And yes, lead singer is bi and bassist is def homo.

Band of Horses - first 2 cds
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

I just dl'd Triple J's Hot 100 16 and 17, awesome mixes.  Phatty, take a look, they're pretty good. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

I've been listening to Gogol Bordello for a long time.  Live shows are fantastic.  Last one I saw, Eugene rode a giant bass drum out into the crowd, kneeling on the drum while singing....chick who had been crowd surfiing is passed over to him, rolls her leg over him, he hikes her up onto the drum with him, ---all of this being supported by the crowd---and doesn't miss a beat as he simulates farging this whore silly.   The crowd ate it up. 
The shows are all very energetic.  The band does not relent, nor does the crowd when I've seen them.

I'd call it gypsy punk if I had to give it a quick name.  Something like saying the Poques were Trad Irish Punk.  Not perfect description, but whatever.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Seabiscuit36

does anyone remember the website that does sampling comparisons?  EDIT:  I found it,  www.whosampled.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/VakqM_mJMqY  New Interpol single dropped yesterday

Also the new Deftones album Diamond Eyes got leaked and is out there

mpmcgraw

Shadys back.  New single leaked today.  "Not afraid"

Lyrics prob nsfw obviously, but this is awesome and its obvious hes still the best out there.  hopefully he stays off the smack this time so he can keep this shtein coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Lai_o0Ce4

I'm not sure I know how to do that so
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Lai_o0Ce4

mpmcgraw

Was it igy that said Kanye West was the best rapper?  SOMEONE EITHER AGREE WITH ME OR ARGUE WITH ME IM BORED

Susquehanna Birder

mussa

Got the new Deftones a few weeks back.

New Black Keys leaked this week, I have that also. It's excellent

Biscuit, how do you embed youtube vids here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36XnnyWMI5w