Spuds lists his reasons to like the team after the game

Started by PhillyGirl, August 21, 2005, 06:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

QuoteMany, Many Things To Like About This Team
August 20, 2005

BALTIMORE -- What can you really tell from the preseason? Not too much, in the long run. That's the book. That's the bible.

But the Eagles have been so definitive in certain areas during these two preseason games and it sure seems like you can make some statements about this team and feel fairly secure about them.

Like ....

# The offense has a chance to be awesome. Donovan McNabb is having the best preseason of his career, having completed 20 of 28 passes in two games. He has complete command of the passing game and is spreading the ball around very nicely. I love the groove he is in. The game is moving slowly for him and he's taking great advantage.

# The young wide receivers are going to have their ups and downs. Greg Lewis had a big 16-yard catch, but neither Reggie Brown nor Billy McMullen had a grab (McMullen had a beauty on the sideline that was out of bounds). I think the Eagles are going to need all five receivers to make plays this year. We don't know how serious the injury to Justin Jenkins is, but it sure didn't look good when he was carted off the field with a knee injury. Who is the fifth guy without Jenkins? Probably Carlos Perez at this point. He played well, although he fumbled out of bounds in the end zone, a bad mistake.

# The defense is totally legit. Loaded. Fast. Deep. Can blitz you from every angle. I love this group. Jevon Kearse is having a fantastic summer and Hugh Douglas is getting better after taking a pounding during an exhausting camp. Juqua Thomas is making a real bid here (Jamaal Green has to get healthy). I love the secondary. Jeremiah Trotter is playing his best football. It's just a fantastic group.

# Mike Patterson had three tackles, another sack and a fumble recovery. He's a stud, folks. I think he is going to be a major part of this defense right off the jump in the regular season.

# Ryan Moats has to see some playing time this year, doesn't he? He gained 35 yards on four carries and added a 16-yard reception. The kid can play. He has to see some time. The Eagles will find a way to make him a valuable weapon.

# Stephen Spach is distancing himself as the No. 2 tight end. He caught 2 passes for 20 yards and blocked well. Todd Herremans made a nice blitz pickup block early and played well against Terrell Suggs. The Eagles have themselves a backup left tackle. Calvin Armstrong may very well be the backup right tackle.

# Mark Mariscal is just not consistent enough in game situations. He crushes them in practice, but you can't bounce punts in games in the NFL.

# Reno Mahe had a fine game, rushing for 26 yards on three carries and catching a couple of passes. He's a solid player who doesn't make mistakes and that is why I think he will make this team.

# Martin Patterson was forced to wear Trotter's No. 54 jersey when the Ravens, I think, complained that there were two No. 51's on the field. Trotter said Patterson will have to wash his car as payment.   :-D :-D PG note: Trot has a car wash and makes Patterson wash his car in return? lmfao

# Brian Westbrook ... how do you stop him in the open field? I say you can't.

# The 12 penalties for 93 yards is way, way too much for the Eagles. They need to clean it up.

# Jeremey Thornburg should be nicknamed "Rudy." The kid is a skinny guy, but he makes so many plays. He had eight tackles.

# Jason Short is a shoo-in to make this team. He had another eight tackles against Baltimore.

I think we need to do a new game for you drinkers out there. One with Spadaro articles.

Like for instance, whenever he uses the word "stud", take a shot.

Whenever he uses the word "fantastic", chug the rest of your beer (note to hbionic...I said BEER)

etc.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

dis12

OMG!  If that's considered bad abs, what the heck are mine considered, maybe nuclear disasters. :-D  I better get in game shape....quick, pass me another Yeung for my workout.
Quote from: BigEd76 on August 21, 2005, 06:24:50 PM
Fear the Spadaro abs  :evil

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Geowhizzer

Mad-Lad

you can't draw in abs with sunblock, then go lie in the sun.  that's rediculous.