2008 Week 2

Started by BigEd76, September 14, 2008, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

At no point in the Browns/Steelers game did I ever hope that the Browns might pull out a win.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 14, 2008, 07:34:29 PM
San Francisco upsets Seattle in OT

San Diego gets screwed by the refs on a fumble call....Cutler gets the tying TD on 4th down then Shanahan goes for 2 and gets it  :o

39-38 Broncos

It would be even more hilarious if Norv Turner got fined for his press conference comments.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteFrom Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune:

No one, it appears, is taking the mistake and its ramifications harder than Hochuli.

"He's devastated," said Mike Pereira, the NFL's supervisor of officials. "... I was talking to Ed within 10 minutes after the game was over, and he was sick. He's still sick (yesterday).

"Everybody works so hard and wants to be perfect in a game you're not likely to ever be perfect. I've talked to him three times. He's really struggling with the fact he made such a bad call."

Hochuli's also manning up and taking his e-mail lumps. His e-mail address isn't hard to find with a simple Yahoo! search, and he's been bombarded with hate mail. And still, he's replying to everyone. Someone relayed the following reply from Hochuli to a message board at the San Diego Union Tribute.

I'm getting hundreds of emails – hate mail – but I'm responding to it all. People deserve a response.

You can rest assured that nothing anyone can say can make me feel worse than I already feel about my mistake on the fumble play. You have no idea ...

Affecting the outcome of a game is a devastating feeling. Officials strive for perfection – I failed miserably. Although it does no good to say it, I am very, very sorry.

Ed Hochuli

Someone e-mail him.

MDS

why do you email him and ask him for trailer park decoration tips?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I should e-mail him and ask his legal advice on what will happen to me when I snuff out some college writer.

MDS

well actually its college/semi-pro writer because i have gotten a bunch of stuff published in real publications but yea im still in college so i guess it works but i do need some credit for being good enough to get past just a college paper though in reality anyone can given the state of the industry today but hey it goes to sho
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

With those kinds of writing skillz, they must be beating down your door.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 17, 2008, 09:09:10 PM
well actually its college/semi-pro writer because i have gotten a bunch of stuff published in real publications but yea im still in college so i guess it works but i do need some credit for being good enough to get past just a college paper though in reality anyone can given the state of the industry today but hey it goes to sho

You should tell Les Bowen to quit being such a whiny douchebag.

MDS

i think ive seen les in person once and he acted like the cool kid at a high school party

General_Failure

Were you at a high school party?

MDS

the better question is why was les bowen at a high school party

General_Failure

I assume he was luring sophomore girls back to his place with X.

PhillyPhreak54

What's ol Marcus Hayes up to these days?

Side bars on local HS lacrosse?

MDS

pretty sure he is being fazed out until his contract is up because he doesnt have a regular column or a beat. but i do know they like this john rodriguez guy, and he creeped me out at the temple game saturday.

Seabiscuit36

MDS, once you get all famous, you gonna leave CF behind, or write some piece about the crazy people that hang out on the interwebz
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons