Around the NFL - Week 13

Started by BigEd76, November 26, 2007, 11:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 03, 2007, 11:50:03 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 03, 2007, 11:48:41 PM
Bet Billick wishes he still had that time out. 

Pretty sure he wished he still had that 4th and 1 timeout about 30 seconds after it was called.

Uh, yeah.....guess that would have ended the game. 

I'm dumb 

QB Eagles

The Ravens could have inserted the fatal dagger about a dozen times in the last minutes of that game. It was like watching an action hero impossibly escape death again and again. The Steelers defense is nasty, I hope they take out his knees like they did with Carson Palmer a couple years ago.

TexasEagle

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 03, 2007, 11:56:33 PM
The Ravens could have inserted the fatal dagger about a dozen times in the last minutes of that game. It was like watching an action hero impossibly escape death again and again. The Steelers defense is nasty, I hope they take out his knees like they did with Carson Palmer a couple years ago.

Yeah but Von Olhoffen's on the Eagles now... Did he even play Patriot week?

Cerevant

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 03, 2007, 11:56:33 PM
The Ravens could have inserted the fatal dagger about a dozen times in the last minutes of that game. It was like watching the Eagles.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on December 03, 2007, 11:39:06 PM
Babar didnt have control, bullshtein call

2nd week in a row he's "caught" a decisive TD.

reese125

Travis Henry has won his appeal of his one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: reese125 on December 04, 2007, 05:26:26 PM
Travis Henry has won his appeal of his one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

That's more amazing and unlikely than the end of the NE-Baltimore game.

NC_Eagle

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 03, 2007, 11:51:07 PM
This is all prelude to when the Dolphins blow out the Patriots by 30 points.

That would be better than sex. Way better.  ;D

Of course, it would also be cool if the Dolphins had both winless and perfect seasons!!
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

MDS

10.1 million watched Packers/Cowboys on a channel no one has. The cable record is around 17 million, so this thing would have been off the charts if it was on ESPN or broadcast.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on December 06, 2007, 10:13:14 PM
10.1 million watched Packers/Cowboys on a channel no one has. The cable record is around 17 million, so this thing would have been off the charts if it was on ESPN or broadcast.

The cable record was set during the Patriots/Ravens game, which became the highest-watched show in the history of cable TV, right?

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

topped some stupid disney confection by 300k viewers

what are the biggest numbers Sunday Night Football has logged this season?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 03, 2007, 11:43:09 PM
Farging kickoff from the Ravens own 35 yard line.  I can't stop laughing at that. 

This ridiculous kick was also a rare coaching error on the part of Bill Belichick. He missed an easy opportunity to pin the Ravens as far back as their own 5 yard line.

The NFL rule on kicking the ball out of bounds on a kickoff states:

QuoteWhen a kickoff goes out of bounds between the goal lines without being touched by the receiving team, the ball belongs to the receivers 30 yards from the spot of the kick or at the out-of-bounds spot unless the ball went out-of-bounds the first time an onside kick was attempted.

In other words, if Gostkowski had blasted the ball out of bounds, the Ravens would have had the choice of taking over at the 5 yard line or wherever the ball went out of bounds. All Gostkowski would have had to do was make sure it goes out of bounds past the 20, and the Ravens would have been worse off than the blast through the back of the endzone.