NFC East Prediction

Started by 4and26, May 15, 2006, 02:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

rjs246

I see nothing far fetched in that article other than the taterskins going 11-5. They are more likely to go 8-8 or so. The Eagles are more likely to go 9-7 but the best I am hoping for right now is 10-6.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

4and26

Quote from: rjs246 on May 15, 2006, 02:37:21 PM
I see nothing far fetched in that article other than the taterskins going 11-5. They are more likely to go 8-8 or so. The Eagles are more likely to go 9-7 but the best I am hoping for right now is 10-6.

I agree somewhat and I'd also say 10 wins but the Cowboy loving is making my lunch come up... :puke

JTrotter Fan

You negative Fargs!  10-6 at the least...gimme a break.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

ice grillin you

every team in the division has about equal chance to go 11-5 or 5-11...as of now i give a slight edge to the skins...with the eagles dallas and the giants mixed in right behind them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 15, 2006, 03:26:16 PM
every team in the division has about equal chance to go 11-5 or 5-11...

i agree with most of that, but i think the skins have the least chance of winning the division.  take away one of the 2 fluke wins against the eagles and they don't even make the playoffs last year. 

if bledsoe and TO can work together, they automatically have a much better offense.  and their defense is going to be good.  i loved their draft last year with ware, spears, and canty.  dallas scare me more than anyone else in the division.

but it's hard for me to think the birds don't get back to at least their 2003-2004 form.  our offensive players are better as a whole, and assuming andy took anything at all from last year's debacle we should run the ball more and even out the offense.  especially with no TO and with the size of our line.  And I love our D-Line at the moment. they're the key on defense, good pressure from them makes Lito and Sheldon look better again.

I think right now the Cowboys are in the best shape, Eagles and Giants, close behind, and Skins last.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Phanatic

I think the Giants get the shortest end of the stick in the NFC East. They've got last place nailed down and for some reason (Eli) I find that easy to predict.

After that it's anyone's game but I think the Skins are 3rd with Philly and Dallas fighting for 1st, but any of those three teams could be fighting it out for the top spot. I just to see the Gints doing anything...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

reese125

because they were awful last year and Eli is getting worse?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dallas should be good, except for major questions along the offensive line and an aging QB... which could mean they could not be very good at all.

washington should be good, except for increased pressure on Greggggg Williams to turn turds into gold and, also, an aging QB... which could mean they could not be very good at all.

NY should be good, except for a lot of depth with no front-line talent in the secondary, a smallish, aging RB, and a bit of a wildcard at QB... but they really won't SUCK regardless IMO.

The Eagles should be good, except for a possible lack of weapons on offense and a lot of questions in the OLB's and also on special teams... which could mean they could only be average.

IMO, the Giants have the highest *floor* and the skins have the lowest *ceiling*.  But all 4 teams are certainly not too far off each other as far as the odds to win the division and/or make the playoffs go.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 15, 2006, 04:38:11 PM
IMO, the Giants have the highest *floor* and the skins have the lowest *ceiling*.  But all 4 teams are certainly not too far off each other as far as the odds to win the division and/or make the playoffs go.

Brilliant use of an Economic analogy.

I still think of Dallas as an 8-8/9-7 team, mostly because their team is old and their O-line is the worst in the division. Plus I think Tuna's lost his luster a bit.

Skins...meh, 9-7 team, possible wildcard.

Giants 10-6/11-5, depends on Manning taking the next step and if Barber can still be effective. Defensively they should be better than last season, I only say 'should' because I like their additions but feel they have a gaping hole at Defensive Tackle.

Us-who knows, at this point I'm willing to say 10-6/11-5 because
A. I'm biased
B. I'm biased and optimistic
C. There's no team in the East that just stands out from the rest of the crowd.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 15, 2006, 04:38:11 PM
make the playoffs go.

Uhm.... I don't know what the word "go" is doing in there BTW.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: 4and26 on May 15, 2006, 02:30:17 PM
I know at this time of year these truly mean nothing but what that hell.... :puke

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/05/predicting-nfc-east.html

So...this tool thinks the Eagles are only one game better than last year with a healthy McNabb and Westbrook? 

Mmmkay....
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Butchers Bill on May 15, 2006, 04:52:00 PM
I know at this time of year these truly mean nothing but what that hell.... :puke

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/05/predicting-nfc-east.html

So...this tool thinks the Eagles are only one game better than last year with a healthy McNabb and Westbrook? 

Mmmkay....

and upgrading key spots in the roster?

I agree, this guy is a tool.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

4and26

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 15, 2006, 05:24:42 PM
Quote from: Butchers Bill on May 15, 2006, 04:52:00 PM

Mmmkay....

and upgrading key spots in the roster?

I agree, this guy is a tool.

Gee thanks!  I think you'll note I puked when I read this and put a note that I saw them as  10 win team.  The further vomit came from the dumb ass Cowboys fans that jumped on this.

Glad to see were on the same team.

Yours Truly,

tool >:(