Maddox

Started by Beermonkey, October 20, 2005, 04:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beermonkey

Wasn't us....

[sorry for the stupid title, I hit submit before I was done]

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5009738=Fox%20Sports:%20Maddox's%20Family%20Abused%20After%20Loss

QuotePITTSBURGH (AP) - Tommy Maddox's family has been subjected to abuse since his poor performance in the Pittsburgh Steelers' 23-17 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, his agent told a newspaper.

"Having your kids deal with it at school and on the bus is a very, very tough deal," Vann McElroy, the backup quarterback's agent, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
Some fans have tossed objects into the yard of Maddox's suburban home, and his wife has been driving the couple's two grade-school aged children to school to shield them from abuse.

Maddox threw three interceptions, including one returned for a 41-yard touchdown in overtime, in the loss.

Maddox politely declined to be interviewed on the subject, saying the abuse has come from "just a few people."

"I just want it to go away, that's all. Just want it to go away," Maddox said.

Maddox came off the bench to replace Kordell Stewart in the 2002 season, guided the team to the playoffs and became a cult hero nicknamed "Tommy Gun" by Pittsburgh fans. He began last season as a starter, but lost his job to No. 1 draft pick Ben Roethlisberger after an early season elbow injury.

Maddox's start Sunday was his first since last season's finale against the Buffalo Bills - played after the Steelers already had won home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Roethlisberger was shelved because of a hyperextended knee and bone bruise, but is scheduled to start this Sunday in Cincinnati.

"Tommy certainly appreciates the Rooneys (the family that owns the Steelers) believing in him," McElroy said. "But when this stuff comes into it, it's really tough. It's one thing to get booed, but when you take it beyond the field, that's when it can be too much, especially for a guy who's done some great things during his time in Pittsburgh."

McElroy didn't immediately return calls from The Associated Press on Thursday

Diomedes

You know how you deal with that?  You tell your kids to beat the farging shtein out of anyone who fargs with them.  And then you beat the shtein out of their parents when they bitch about it.  And then you pay off the justice system and walk.

Problem solved.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

T_Section224

i'm sure some of the eagles fans were hassling the family too, it's in our nature to be mean
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

MURP

im upset this isnt from the best page in the universe.   >:(

mussa

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MDS

Quote from: MURP on October 20, 2005, 04:48:22 PM
im upset this isnt from the best page in the universe.   >:(

his book is called the alphabet of manliness, and its coming out in june 06.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MURP

MDS

join the mailing list. all the cool kids are.  :)
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

The detail page he has set up for it is pretty funny as well.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Damn.

Those yinzers are going wacko over a regular season game.

At least we wait until the post-season to torment our athletes. You know, egging Mitch's house after he gave up a bomb to lose the WS.

QB Eagles

Tommy Maddox is slightly less popular than Osama bin Laden in Pittsburgh this week. It's pretty messed up 'round here.

General_Failure

Typical scumbag Steeler fans ... tsk, tsk.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

That was ugly, I think Maddox is better than he played last Sunday, but that preformance might have put him more firmly into the backup role behind Rothlisberger.

Feva

He's dropped to 3rd QB behind Charlie Batch.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteTrouble at home

Backup quarterback Tommy Maddox declined through a team spokesman to comment further about irate fan behavior that came after the overtime defeat to Jacksonville.

Maddox's wife, Jennifer, said in a television interview on WPXI Thursday night that no trash had to be removed from their yard at home and their kids are riding the school bus, as always.

Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca, one of Maddox's closest friends on the team, said he once had a pile of dog feces left on his doorstep after a Steelers loss. He later discovered it was put there by a neighbor, who has since moved.

"Would you want someone doing that in your life?" Faneca said. "If they don't like how the highway is repaired, are they going to harass them? You go to that bound, that's not right. You're not going to want it to happen to you, but sometimes people don't think that way. Sports brings out the fire in you."

Maddox, whose throwing shoulder was sprained against the Jaguars, did not practice all week and likely won't be activated against the Bengals. Charlie Batch will be the No. 2 quarterback behind Ben Roethlisberger

Where's Billy Madison? :-D