Ravens: Fassel Slaps Down Billick

Started by Beermonkey, September 10, 2005, 06:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beermonkey

Baltimore Sun: With hot start, Boller can avoid the heat

QuoteBillick and offensive coordinator Jim Fassel have already had a heated exchange, and it became quite a topic of discussion at the team's training complex.

Apparently, Fassel had been doing a lot of talking, and Billick reminded him who was the head coach and who was the assistant. Fassel retorted about Billick being on the hot seat and possibly having a meltdown even before the season started.

Now, let's be honest. You expected Billick, Fassel and quarterbacks coach Rick Neuheisel to have altercations. All three have been head coaches who are competitive, stubborn and love to gab.

Coaches get big money, and they're under a lot of stress, so there's nothing wrong with some feistiness as long as it's constructive. Shoot, Billick and Fassel could stage three fights the epics of Ali-Frazier as long as they win games.

But I did like Fassel's comeback because Billick is insecure. The Compu Coach having a meltdown. Now, that's funny. [/b]

BobbyT

"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

PhillyPhreak54

:-D :-D -- Good find, BM.

The only thing I hate more than Washington, Dallas and New York is Brian Billick. Good to see Fassel pimp smacking the "Offensive Genius".

If I had 6 hours I'd go count all of the starting QB's that loser has used in his tenure in Baltimore. But I haven't the time.

MDS

Tony Banks was in there. So is, and still, Kyle Boller. Says enough about what he's done there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Nah.  AJ is too clean.  They need Quincy Carter.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

Fassell and Billick fighting?  Makes my day.  Hopefully they kill each other.

mussa

Quote from: MURP on September 11, 2005, 11:08:00 AM
Fassell and Billick fighting?  Makes my day.  Hopefully they kill each other.

what josh parry said  :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

methdeez

I have expressed this before, but I HATE the Ravens.
I cannot stand Billick or the purple-wearing, poem-nomenclatured group of felons that is his team.
It is totally irrational, and lost me a lot of money until I learned that I just can't bet on them without clouded judgement.
I was so happy last night whan Boller went down, I actually jumped up and said:
"Yes!Another zesty season for the Ravens!"
I don't know what my problem is, they are just a ever-changed collection of professional atheletes owned by anonymous corporate investors, but...

Result!

General_Failure

You waited until Boller went down before you said they were in for a zesty season?

The man. The myth. The legend.

methdeez

Zestier than usual.
Embarassingly zesty for Billick, which is what I am really looking for.

pinoyboy2pt0

Kyle Boller reminds me of that guy in office space.  Kyle's got  like 8 coaches, so everytime he fargs up (which is a LOT) he hears from his boss, his bosses boss, his bosses bosses boss, his bossess bossess...

...but I like it.  F the Ravens!
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

BigEd76

Supposedly they're interested in signing Kordell  :-D

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.