Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Yeah I guess all that's true but I assumed they wouldn't want to dredge up the series again, I figured they'd want to send him off somewhere else. But ngl id love to see more of those characters.

The advertising for HOTD has been crazy. Can't turn on the tv or use social media without seeing it. Super excited for this
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I recently did a rewatch, it's a damn shame the final season (really the ending) was an abomination because GOT was as good as tv gets.

You lived your life for the king. You're going to die for some chickens?
The Hound: Someone is.

The scene when Joffrey yells at Tywin...the look on Cersei's face was Oscar worthy.

Looking forward to tonight

Munson

Saw some talk in the TV thread but with the numbers this series is putting up, we're 100% getting all the Game of Thrones Extended Universe we can get after this so, might as well keep it all in one place for Dio

Despite the fast pace of jumping from major event to major event to get us to the Dance, I am absolutely loving this show. They're basically going to end Season 1 where I thought they would end season 2, because I assumed they were going to take their time and "fill in the gaps" more so to speak around all the major events that lead up to the Dance, but once we get to the actual war things should slow down a bit.

They've really nailed all the casting so far, and so far have kept even bookreaders on their toes by choosing certain versions of events that happened over other versions. If you didn't read Fire & Blood, basically all these vents are told through the lens of 2 or 3 men, all with varying guesswork on how things like Criston/Rhaenyra went down, and you're never really sure what the real story is, and the main storyteller in the book and his sources  are meant to be a little biased, especially towards the men. So the book makes you think what happened between Rhaenyra and Criston was all Rhaenyra's fault and Criston was the gallant knight, but obviously we know it wasn't quite that way now. Also shocked with the direction they took Larys Strong and the fire at Harrenhall. He was always mysterious in the book but damn.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on September 26, 2022, 01:56:39 PM
Despite the fast pace of jumping from major event to major event to get us to the Dance, I am absolutely loving this show.

I always crap on Seasons 5-8 of Game of Thrones, but House of the Dragon is "good" S1-4 Thrones so far. It's masterful how they've been able to introduce so many characters and also skip across decades of time and actor changes without utterly losing the audience.

SD

I always watch the ending directors summary but paid extra attention after this one. Also just read a recap. So much went on I didn't want to overlook a detail.

BigEd76

Can't believe we gotta wait two years for S2 of HotD

Munson

What a season. So many interesting choices they made with the narrative of what happened during these events. I love this world, and love that this is pretty much cementing that we're gonna get plenty of shows on HBO going forward

phattymatty

I loved this show.  Not sure if it was know in advance or not but I was really expecting at least some of the big battle to occur in the finale.  Now I learn we might wait 2 years and I almost wish I didn't watch.  Such blue balls.

Eagaholic

Really happy to hear Max has green lighted A Tales of Dunk and Egg prequel, and GRRM is writer and executive producer. I really liked the book, not so unwieldy and complex as the GOT series, but still rewarding with the trademark plot twists and curve balls that made GOT great. 

Munson

Yeah Dunk and Egg getting immediate series order is great news. Keep it coming

Munson

https://twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1670849953974059008 46&t=SMD_81TvVT-H5sNwmpVLIQ

Was this the best "spectacle" episode of television ever? Obviously there are better written and better acted and better story episodes of TV out there, but in terms of spectacle this has to be up there