The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

And then he had the balls to tweet about how bc of generals like that we have lost more wars than we have won.

Why is he not in jail btw

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Tucker is the worst kind of offender because he knows full well what he's doing and doesnt give a farg of a shtein. He got vaxed and spreads anti vax propaganda...he texts and trades info with all kinds of reporters but claims the media should be executed...he wouldnt piss on a klan member if he was on fire but steals their talking points.

at least someone like hannity is too stupid to know hes caught up in the game
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick and their merry band of MAGA idiots.

But hey - the real problem is the dems leaving to state. Oh and forget about the farging power grid...have to stop kids from learning about MLK!

Geowhizzer

One step at a time.

https://twitter.com/KevinLevin/status/1418243831582138375

EDIT:  Forrest was the Confederate General responsible for the Fort Pillow Massacre.

ice grillin you

if you do nothing else today seek out wright thompsons new piece in the atlantic about emmett till
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 23, 2021, 06:25:12 AM
if you do nothing else today seek out wright thompsons new piece in the atlantic about emmett till

Powerful.

We must confront these uncomfortable truths of our nation's history to move closer to those ideals many like to present to the world.  We must deal with them to even begin the restorative process.  Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen.  Not in my lifetime, anyway.

Igy's right.  Read it. 

Article Link

PhillyPhreak54

I'll read it tonight.

Every time I read one of his pieces I always hear his voice in my head.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 23, 2021, 10:47:08 AM
I'll read it tonight.

Every time I read one of his pieces I always hear his voice in my head.

especially when they take place in the deep south like this one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

For sure.

When I read a John Grisham book and a character is a Mississippian Wright Thompson is who I always imagine that character as. He's got that old timey southern slow drawl that is perfect for those settings.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

the thompson piece was the first thing i read in the AM.....great thing to lay in bed reading btw

it just reminds me of the worst part of white supremacism is the utter apathy of most people. they just want this shtein done and buried and dont want to be reminded of it or talk about it. you cant do anything about the racists that exist and good lord are there are lot in mississippi. but the decent people who arent bigoted who just want to pretend emmitt till never existed....those people are beyond it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

this quote is likely familiar to you, and maybe you've even read the entire Letter From Birmingham Jail

QuoteI must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice [...]
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger