The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

what the right is so much better at than the left is branding and false equivalencies....granted a lot it has to do with their followers being low information and uneducated but regardless they are absolutely brilliant at it and just crush the left
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

ice grillin you

the left cant really get away with it cause their constituency wont buy it...fox news blatantly lies 50 times a day and nothing happens...cnn didnt vet one story and three people got fired....its just not equal

like the right has "fake news"...the alt left (no such thing)....BLM not only kills people but they are equivalent to nazis...the civil war had nothing to do with slavery

it just goes on an on...and im not talking about fringe shtein like sandy hook truthers although alex jones and infowars is huge on the right im talking shtein thats in the everyday lexicon...my god they even got liberals saying fake news and alt left like they are real things

they are farging brilliant with it

Sgt PSN

There's shtein like Occupy Democrats, which is a disgusting lot, but none of the "alt left" has anything even remotely close to being as popular or powerful as fox, breitbart, etc.

ice grillin you

oh shtein and i forgot about pizzagate....one of the most hilarious things ever if the end result wasnt so scary

also seth rich

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 16, 2017, 06:34:41 PM
the left cant really get away with it cause their constituency wont buy it...fox news blatantly lies 50 times a day and nothing happens...cnn didnt vet one story and three people got fired....its just not equal

like the right has "fake news"...the alt left (no such thing)....BLM not only kills people but they are equivalent to nazis...the civil war had nothing to do with slavery

it just goes on an on...and im not talking about fringe shtein like sandy hook truthers although alex jones and infowars is huge on the right im talking shtein thats in the everyday lexicon...my god they even got liberals saying fake news and alt left like they are real things

they are farging brilliant with it

Yeah, a guy on facebook wrote a post that pretty much says this line for line.   The violent faction (wearing the swastika and all) was Clinton and Sanders supporters in disguise, according to him.

There's just not enough napalm in the world...

PhillyPhreak54

That website for the kkk fargs, which was booted from godaddy and google, has a new host in Russia. Which apparently was arranged by Trump through Putin.

SD

General Lee never owned a slave but General Grant did

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD on August 16, 2017, 07:31:27 PM

Ummm... no.  Lee owned slaves.  His wife owned more.  Grant did have one (bought in 1857, freed in 1859) and used others supplied by his father-in-law.

More on Lee from Arlington NPS site.

And an interesting article about Lee from The Atlantic (this may have been shared here to begin with, but I can't remember)

As an aside, I work in a Florida county named after Lee.  From time to time, the is a call to re-name the county.  The county is too conservative and too white to do that.  But there does seem to be some movement toward removing a portrait of Lee in full Confederate uniform from the county commission meeting room.  Apparently the compromise will be to put up a portrait of Lee in a business suit.  Here's the story.

Tomahawk

Quote from: SD on August 16, 2017, 07:31:27 PM

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

QuoteLee was a slaveowner—his own views on slavery were explicated in an 1856 letter that it often misquoted to give the impression that Lee was some kind of an abolitionist. In the letter, he describes slavery as "a moral & political evil," but goes on to explain that:

QuoteI think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence. Their emancipation will sooner result from the mild & melting influence of Christianity, than the storms & tempests of fiery Controversy

Fake news?

Munson

Lee not only was a slave owner, he was a pretty brutal one...broke up a lot of slave families
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I know it's #fakenews...that the right believes. It goes to Igy's point

SD

https://youtu.be/lyeTj002DCo

Alt right racist Hoyda who organized the rally balling his eyes out

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on August 16, 2017, 07:58:15 PM
I know it's #fakenews...that the right believes. It goes to Igy's point

FTR I knew what you were saying

It's not a big one tho is it?   I've never heard it.

Tomahawk

How can you carry guns with you and claim you've done everything you could possibly think of to ensure peace and safety?