The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

I used to fear pence much more than trump but this is beyond the pale....you can't have this man as leader of our country

IMPEACH NOW
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

My fair City, and our otherwise unremarkable Mayor, just showed the nation how it's done.  No more debate, just swift removal of slaver monuments.  I'm actually proud of Baltimore today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BmoreBloc/status/897684109480386560
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

there goes lee and jackson....its all in the game yo

MDS

i didnt even know baltimore had confederate monuments

maryland didnt secede and the city is mostly black and liberal. how the farg did those things ever go up and why werent they removed or vandalized years ago?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

maryland was a slave state...altho most confederate statues went up during jim crow and even the civil rights era to try and intiidate blacks and rewrite history and had little to do with the civil war

shtein until i believe last year california had actual schools named after lee

also this is absolutely fabulous filled with sharp ass daggers...read

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450501/white-nationalists-alt-right-vague-grievances-what-do-they-want

Diomedes

If Lincoln hadn't occupied Baltimore, it would have been confederate.  When he came down to D.C. from NYC after being elected, he had to be snuck through Baltimore.  His family was protected by Allen Pinkerton to get them through, too.  When the first Federal Troops volunteering for the War moved through Baltimore they were attacked by pro slavery rabble, causing the first actual bloodshed of the war (the blood shed at Fort Sumtner was friendly fire/accidental).   

As for why no one tore them down or defaced them, you know the answers to that.  Most people ignored them.  Those who know what they are and those who don't alike.  They were occasionally vandalized, like all other public property, though by more political hands than your average graffiti. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

from a 1990 vanity fair article on trump

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Arizona has them too. Which is weird.

Someone dressed it up with a banner that congratulated the confederacy for its second place finish

Diomedes

There's a reason Arizona has more right wing nut bags than New Mexico.  Slaver sypmathizers settled more in Arizona than in New Mexico. 

It's good to know some history.  I have long argued that the subject is really a secondary one, and I still hold that view.  I think the teaching of history is mostly wasted on young people, and that we ought instead to focus our early efforts at education on mastering critical thinking skills, which once acquired, can be practiced and refined in the study of more advanced subjects, like history.  But I digress.

It is true that monuments to Slavers have nothing to do with heritage and everything to do with hate.

Tomahawk

Dumbfarg at work: <after defending the confederate flag>my son said Lee and Jackson were traitors [hearty chuckle]

Me: Well, they did start a war with their country....doesn't really get more traitorous than that.

DFAW: The confederate flag is their heritage. You're trying to re-write it's meaning.

Me: It symbolizes a secession of a bunch of white dudes so they could own black dudes. That's not a part of history that deserves to be memorialized with statues or admiration of that flag.

I had to walk away because it was going to turn into a shouting match, but the Apocalypse can't happen soon enough.

SD

My uncle in law tried telling me BLM killed more cops this year than the KKK killed people. Then he shows me some video of a young black guy defending Trump. You know, since there's one black guy sticking up for Trump that validates his stance and justifies the alt right.

To top it off he's a Dallas fan.