Phillies season 6

Started by MURP, July 18, 2005, 03:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I'd like that deal. But I'm torn. I don't think they're out of it yet and i don't want to see Thome leave. I'm still hoping that he'd turn it around.

Prospects that we need or playoffs?!? Argh!

Ramirez could also play 3rd and possibly CF (Boston thought about moving him there).

PhillyPhreak54

By the way...

Chase Utley has won NL Player of the Week. :yay

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 18, 2005, 05:21:56 PM
By the way...

My man Utley.  :yay

By the way, what's up with Bell.  I've noticed he hasn't played much since the break.  Is it his back?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 18, 2005, 05:25:10 PM
By the way, what's up with Bell.  I've noticed he hasn't played much since the break.  Is it his back?

YES
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

By the way...

Yeah -- he hurt it picking up a stack of magazines. Unbelievable. :-D

Bell = vadge

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 18, 2005, 05:29:40 PM
By the way...

Bell = vadge

Not sure I'd go there with that.  Once the back goes once (which I believe it did with Bell), it's prone to go out again.  My doctor told me to make sure to lift anything over 10 pounds using my legs and not the back.

Sounds hilarious, but it doesn't take much to screw up the back.

Besides, at least he didn't fall down the stairs carrying deer meat.  :-D

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 18, 2005, 05:29:40 PM
By the way...

Bell = vadge

Not that I don't think Bell is a Hoyda, but backs are tricky like that. I was pulling on my boot one day, pinched a nerve, hit the deck, and couldn't walk for about 20 minutes. It took a shot of Tordal and about 400 mgs of Valium through an IV to take the pain away. I just started working out again after 3 months of rehab  :-\

Dillen

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 18, 2005, 05:01:25 PM
How about this one being talked about over on PP:

Wagner, Thome and somewhere between 30-70% of Thome's salary to Boston for Arroyo, Shoppach and Hanley Ramirez
Like I said somewhere else, if Epstein offers that he's retarded. If Wade declines that, he's retarded. But we already knew that. Arroyo would most likely be your 3rd pitcher?, Shoppach would play as soon as Lieberthal leaves, and Ramirez could play for Bell, or Lofton/Michaels, whoever leaves first. Hanley is amazing.

Rome

Quote from: MURP on July 18, 2005, 04:20:39 PM
Quote from: jerome99RIP on July 18, 2005, 04:10:51 PM
Kip Wells is the shtein. He'll be a 20 game winner in Philly.

Bank on it.

yeah, maybe 20 wins combined in 10 years. 

:-D

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Dillen37 on July 18, 2005, 05:51:03 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on July 18, 2005, 05:01:25 PM
How about this one being talked about over on PP:

Wagner, Thome and somewhere between 30-70% of Thome's salary to Boston for Arroyo, Shoppach and Hanley Ramirez
Like I said somewhere else, if Epstein offers that he's retarded. If Wade declines that, he's retarded. But we already knew that. Arroyo would most likely be your 3rd pitcher?, Shoppach would play as soon as Lieberthal leaves, and Ramirez could play for Bell, or Lofton/Michaels, whoever leaves first. Hanley is amazing.

I'd make Shoppach the starter now and designate Lieberthal for assignment.  :D

Dillen

Shoppach strikes out alot, but he's got a good average, HR, and RBI totals.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Dillen37 on July 18, 2005, 06:41:56 PM
Shoppach strikes out alot, but he's got a good average, HR, and RBI totals.

Lieberthal doesn't out a lot, or do the rest of it.  He's in love with the popfly.  :paranoid

Geowhizzer

Kiss of death:  Peter Gammons just said that there was "no chance" the Phils would trade Billy Wagner.

Pack your bags, Billy!

Rome

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 18, 2005, 06:48:01 PM
Kiss of death:  Peter Gammons just said that there was "no chance" the Phils would trade Billy Wagner.

Pack your bags, Billy!

Gammons is the baseball equivalent of Merill Hoge.

PhillyGirl

Nats lost again. Braves are crushing San Fran. Florida up on the Dbacks
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen