2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Last season's record:  92-70 (best prediction: Romey 91-71 ) - World F*cking Champions

Notable Additions:

• Raul Ibanez
  • Joe Blanton - 2008 mid season pickup
  • Ho Chi Min or someone of the like

Notable Losses:

• Pat Burrell
  • Adam Eaton
  • Geoff Jenkins

My prediction this year:  93-69, 1st place in the division.

You all suck.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM
Notable Losses:

• Adam Eaton

i suppose it's only notable because it's addition by subtraction.  i had hope for eaton last year.  he actually started off half decent and then totally shtein the bed.  good riddance.  

since i wasn't around for the 2nd half of the season last year, i'd just like to point out that the phils had a winning record in april for the first time in forever.  not that games in april mean anything......

94-68 1st Place NL East......again

ice grillin you

eaton is notable because he began the season in the starting rotation last year

i assume thats what sun is doing comparing opening day this year to opening day last year...altho that doesnt explain why chan ho park isnt a notable addition

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

if only those last three games hadnt happened....the end was very sudden

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

so without reading through the old phillies thread, what's everyone's opinions on burrell leaving and the ibanez signing?  overall, i don't really know if it improves the team all that much or not.  probably close to an even swap.  but i am a bit hesitant about having another lefty in the batting order since the lineup is already lefty dominant.  at least jimmy, shane and dobsy can switch hit.  but i think that had i known ibanez would have been the answer, i would have just preferred they re-sign burrell.  

BigEd76

Ibanez sucks defensively but they claim they won't need to replace him in the 8th and 9th innings, so we'll see.  He's a better contact hitter than Pat and can hit lefty pitching, and MLB.com projects he'll have around 25 HRs and 100 RBIs.  Seems like a lot of people hate the move because the Phils spent $10M/yr and lost their 1st-round pick (plus Pat is gone) but I'll give him a chance...

I'm not expecting back-to-back titles and won't get my hopes up, but if everything goes well they should win at least 95 and be in the playoffs again...

reese125

if you thought it was unrealistic that they were going to win a title last year, then there is no reason it cant happen again

Im going back to back

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I probably should have started the season thread and then deleted it like I did last year.

ice grillin you