Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

It's gobbledygook.

Best I can tell, only reason to do this now is they're gonna extend someone and they want that deal to register against this year's cap.  They aren't hiring a new, expensive Free Agent for this year in week 2.

Dallas Goedert?  Josh Sweat?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on September 14, 2021, 09:45:39 AM
I'm giving up on trying to understand the money side....why does this matter to a football fan?

it doesnt

the cap rarely matters and doesnt matter going forward because they signed a monster new tv deal so that shtein gonna keep going up up up up
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Eagaholic

Eagles currently hold the #8, 20 and 23 pick in your 2022 NFL draft. Yay.

Diomedes

That's enough first round capital that you could just trade all of them down and with the massive haul of picks you get in return, establish a kind of draft pick endowment...just keep investing the high picks going forward for years and you'd have a baseline income of picks regarless of year to year performance
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Primarily it's intended as a trade stockpile in case Hurts doesn't work out. Hopefully it won't be needed for that purpose, but let's be real.

MDS

some guy made this bet....from space

he also bet on the over of the game last night, and that hit, so eagles super bowl confirmed
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 14, 2021, 10:40:34 PM
Primarily it's intended as a trade stockpile in case Hurts doesn't work out. Hopefully it won't be needed for that purpose, but let's be real.

Yeah, I know.  What I'm on about is, IF Hurts turns out to be the guy, and they don't have to blow them all to get a QB....they could conceivably generate so much value by trading picks down to establish a kind of ongoing bank of pics that can spawn a draft pick endowment of sorts...has a team ever tried such a thing? 

Just say, we'll take a pass on these three picks and trade them all, then they'd have a huge pile of pics, some of which can be used but others just cycled back trhough again to return still more picks....etc.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 17, 2021, 11:03:26 AM

some guy made this bet....from space

he also bet on the over of the game last night, and that hit, so eagles super bowl confirmed

Bold move.

Rome

It's 40% of a used Rolex.  Not exactly a back-breaker for a rich doode. 

Eagaholic

Eagles are looking better now than they did this time last week. Right now, they have the #4, 10 and 16 pick in your 2022 NLF draft.

That will change after GB/DET play tonight, but not affect 4 (that will be Wentz's perogative).

SD

Ertz tested positive for covid but he's vaccinated so he could be ready for mnf

Don Ho

Was ertz, other than a Hurts throw away in the endzone, even targeted yesterday?  Another head scratcher about the gameplan, where the hell were the TE's yesterday?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

If the Brandons don't return in 22, the Eagles are looking at more dead money than the Wentz deal. Considering BG's injury is a potential career ender and Dickerson could supplant Brooks, it seems like a possibility.