2005 CFFFL Playoffs stuff

Started by MURP, November 28, 2005, 05:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Just to get this cleared up now, please read carefully... and if there are any questions lets get it out of the way now.

Weeks 14, 15, 16 will be used as playoff/superbowl weeks.   Since week 17 NFL teams sometimes sit their stars that week is out.

Top 4 teams from the CFFFL NFC and top 4 teams from CFFFL AFC make the playoffs which start week 14.  That means week 13 is the final regular season game.   After week 13, we will know who is in the playoffs.   Teams with the best record get in... if there are ties in record, tiebreaker goes by head to head record of the tied teams.  If the teams played each other twice and split it goes to who has scored the most points overall in the entire season.  read that again, not hard to follow.

1-4 playoff seeding will be figured out.  In week 14,    1 plays 4, 2 plays 3.   Note that the Yahoo games themselves in the playoff weeks have no meaning for these playoffs, only the points scored. 

Week 15 will be the NFC and AFC championship game.  Week 16 will pit the NFC champion vs the AFC Champion in the superbowl. 

Also, since last year someone had to be an idiot i have to include this: nobody in the CFFFL can drop players from their roster so another team can pick them up for an unfair advantage. (example: your team isnt making the playoffs so you drop a starting RB so a team in the playoffs can pick em up to use etc.)   Even attempting this in any way will bar you from future fantasy league play on the board.   

MDS

#1 seed in afc right here. yea. me. haha!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

And with the first pick of the 2006 CFFFL draft, the Naples Hurricanes pick...

Tomahawk

Quote from: MURP on November 28, 2005, 05:24:34 PM
Also, since last year someone had to be an idiot i have to include this: nobody in the CFFFL can drop players from their roster so another team can pick them up for an unfair advantage. (example: your team isnt making the playoffs so you drop a starting RB so a team in the playoffs can pick em up to use etc.)   Even attempting this in any way will bar you from future fantasy league play on the board.   

Who did that?

Keeper League works the same way?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on November 28, 2005, 08:10:44 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on November 28, 2005, 07:34:21 PMWho did that?

Your mom.

T-Hawk's mom up to no good? I don't believe it. From what I've heard on this site over the years, she's never been anything but a chaste, morally upstanding woman.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 28, 2005, 08:13:09 PM

Your mom.

T-Hawk's mom up to no good? I don't believe it. From what I've heard on this site over the years, she's never been anything but a chaste, morally upstanding woman.

She might be morally upstanding but physically she still prefers to be on her back. 

Wingspan

ok...well if i win(RWBs) this week. and schaivos balltle cry loses, i am actually in the playoffs...who knew
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

and just to clarify the whole dropping players thing.   After week 13 games are over, only playoff teams can drop or add players.  The other 6 teams in each league may not add or drop any players for the rest of the season. 

MURP

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 28, 2005, 07:34:21 PM
Who did that?

Keeper League works the same way?

JTrotterfan.

Im gonna take a look at the keeper league and update that playoff situation separately.

rjs246

It's going to be ridiculous when MDS and I play each other in the championship game and neither of us have Alexander because he's resting for the real playoffs.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 28, 2005, 08:13:09 PM

Your mom.

That being the impression you have formed of my momma, forces me to ask if you have a sister.

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on November 29, 2005, 09:23:58 AM
It's going to be ridiculous when MDS and I play each other in the championship game and neither of us have Alexander because he's resting for the real playoffs.

ill make a phone call. hell play.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MURP

can any of you AFC guys get into your league?