The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

obama was supposed to be coming after everyones guns and he didnt even get their bump stocks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I'd love to see a full repeal of the second amendment just to watch the histrionics from the righties

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 05, 2017, 10:10:31 PM
I'd love to see a full repeal of the second amendment just to watch a second civil war

PhillyPhreak54

Hey at least they'd have use for their confederate flags

Can I stay in your basement after I have to leave here?

ice grillin you

if the lines are drawn the same you might wanna go a little further north

PhillyPhreak54

True

We will all be in Philly

We can stay with lil guy

Diomedes

One of the things that drives me nuts about gun lovers is that they actually agree with gun control people, they just don't know it.  They talk like any limit on the right to bear arms would bode the onset of tyranny, but the fact is that we all think access to weapons should be controlled, we just have vastly different opinions on where the control should begin. 

Gun freaks and I are in perfect agreement, for example, that shoulder fired rocket launchers should not be available to the public.  I've never heard of a 2A activiist aguing that we should be able to buy grenades at Wal Mart.  Never even heard of them arguing for fulll auto weapons to be made legal. 

So what we've got here is a bunch of people who support gun control, we just have to get them to move the line to include all of these insanely deadly modern weapons.  The Framers would never have supported the idea that anyone can carry in his pocket a pistol that fires 13 rounds as quickly as you can pull the trigger.  The mayhem that would ensue if human beings had easy access to that would have been obvious to them.  They confiscated weapons in cowboy towns afterall, because it just doesn't work when everyone can easily kill on an impulse.

The NRA allowing bump stock ban to be put forward is a massive defeat for them, insofar as they are forced to reveal that they too support gun control, but by ceding it, they fend off a more meaningful advance in gun control laws.  We should push for more than just bump stocks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

the fact that a huge win is banning a piece of metal that modifies a gun that itself shouldnt be legal is so ridiculous to me

wayne lapierre also said he is not for banning bump stocks...hes for "regulating" them...how the farg do you regulate an accessory to a gun...you either ban them or you dont

this whole thing is a friggin joke

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Diomedes on October 06, 2017, 06:08:22 AM
One of the things that drives me nuts about gun lovers is that they actually agree with gun control people, they just don't know it.  They talk like any limit on the right to bear arms would bode the onset of tyranny, but the fact is that we all think access to weapons should be controlled, we just have vastly different opinions on where the control should begin. 

Gun freaks and I are in perfect agreement, for example, that shoulder fired rocket launchers should not be available to the public.  I've never heard of a 2A activiist aguing that we should be able to buy grenades at Wal Mart.  Never even heard of them arguing for fulll auto weapons to be made legal. 

So what we've got here is a bunch of people who support gun control, we just have to get them to move the line to include all of these insanely deadly modern weapons.  The Framers would never have supported the idea that anyone can carry in his pocket a pistol that fires 13 rounds as quickly as you can pull the trigger.  The mayhem that would ensue if human beings had easy access to that would have been obvious to them.  They confiscated weapons in cowboy towns afterall, because it just doesn't work when everyone can easily kill on an impulse.

The NRA allowing bump stock ban to be put forward is a massive defeat for them, insofar as they are forced to reveal that they too support gun control, but by ceding it, they fend off a more meaningful advance in gun control laws.  We should push for more than just bump stocks.

Even though the left hated him, that was pretty much Scalia's argument with 2A as well.  He interpreted it to include weapons that were "in common use at the time".

https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/justice-scalias-gun-control-argument/
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Rome

Scalise just got shot to pieces yet he's one of the most strident gun nuts in Washington. 

You just can't reason with motherfargers like that.  So... you don't.  You get out the vote and send them slithering back to the holes from whence they came.

Tomahawk

Lololololol @ voting for change. Even politicians new to Washington are quickly beholden to the money and lobbies, case in point: Obama

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Tomahawk

People here are objective and intelligent enough to understand even though Obama was the best President in recent history, certainly since I became eligible to vote in 1992, he still succumbed to the machine

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooting-20171009-story.html

This new timeline changes things

The guard was shot before he started firing on the crowd. Previously they said he stopped the crowd shots to turn on the guard.

All eyes on the Mandalay security Noe as to why it was not reported the guard was shot earlier.

PhillyPhreak54