2011 College Football Thread

Started by DH, May 30, 2011, 09:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Rome

The hypocrisy of College FootballTM never ceases to amaze me.

That said, farg Ohio State.

SD

He got out before the shtein hit the fan

Diomedes

I was talking recently to a person who knows the NCAA basketball scene intimately well.   I asked her what she thought of AAU, whether she thought it was shady and corrupt.  No moreso than NCAA, she said.  By which she meant, dirty as slave traders.

F NCAA Football.

Pay the players.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

SI.com says the shtein's deeper

At least 28 players since 2002, some trading memorabilia for marijuana.  It also says Pryor has had at least 8 vehicles in his 3 years there, Tressel as an assistant in the 80s would rig raffles so the top recruits would win the prizes, and he set up jobs for 13 players at Phar-Mor while at Youngstown State, they were paid illegally, and the star player was given a car and $10K

Ohio State is going to claim that this was all Tressel's fault so they can be spared further punishment

MDS

im not reading that because i dont give a shtein

the media really needs to stop. no one is losing sleep over college kids selling rings or getting money to play. and if they are then theyre a hypocritical piece of shtein and farg them.

wow so jim tressel moved some things around and gave his stars money so he could win football games. big whoop. him and every other major coach in the country.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

callipari is a head coach and tressel is not...thats all you need to know about the joke that the ncaa is

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

shut up

what a terrific reporting job by SI. college sports is now clean. young athletic black man are being paid $0 just like their ancestors. good times ahead.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm surprised it took you guys this long to make it about race. Slackers.

MDS

there are no parallels between the ncaa and slavery and indentured servitude. none. zero.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

big strong negros workin in a field makin millions for white men
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Yep, thats the only race playing for free, The white players get the cash! oh and the Asians, can't forget Chris Gocong

SunMo

i know it's hip to be on the "pay the atheletes" bandwagon.  while it's fine to want to pay football and basketball players because their sports bring in millions, where are you getting the money to pay the farging girl's softball team?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

DH