Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Falls in line with everything I've said and I agree with it. The Phillies will have to outbid the Yankees by a wide margin. "Stupid money" is what it'll take. I just don't see it. Imagine hitting in that lineup compared to hitting in the Phillies lineup. Harper is drawing interest from the Dodgers, another team with deep pockets. "Stupid money" to the Phillies is normal money for the Dodgers and Yankees.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 20, 2018, 11:01:42 AM
No writer of any sort of quality uses that tone unless they have an axe to grind with the subjects involved. 

Whoever wrote it clearly has a bias against the Phillies regardless if truths were revealed or not.  And they were, but it comes off as petty and unprofessional. 

kenny rosenthal  is a legend who might be in the HOF someday and never has and never will have bias....honestly who would care about such a bland franchise like the phils to even have a bias

him spittin hot truth darts at your team might upset you but theres no bias

Quote from: BDN on December 20, 2018, 11:20:12 AM
Falls in line with everything I've said and I agree with it. The Phillies will have to outbid the Yankees by a wide margin. "Stupid money" is what it'll take. I just don't see it. Imagine hitting in that lineup compared to hitting in the Phillies lineup. Harper is drawing interest from the Dodgers, another team with deep pockets. "Stupid money" to the Phillies is normal money for the Dodgers and Yankees.

stupid money to the phillies describes how they spend it

stupid money to the red sox yanks and dodgers describes how much they have
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the phillies were always going to have to outspend everyone to get manny....good job cracking that case, BDN
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

How can you argue with someone who uses "spittin hot truth darts" in a sentence.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on December 20, 2018, 01:38:26 PM
How can you argue with someone who uses "spittin hot truth darts" in a sentence.

respect the skillz biotch.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: Rome on December 20, 2018, 01:38:26 PM

even though your take was terrible this is a good point
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 20, 2018, 01:22:23 PM
the phillies were always going to have to outspend everyone to get manny....good job cracking that case, BDN

But I thought you said signing Carlos Santana would give the Phillies credibility so free agents would want to sign here?

ice grillin you

Quote from: BDN on December 20, 2018, 02:22:32 PM
Quote from: MDS on December 20, 2018, 01:22:23 PM

But I thought you said signing Carlos Santana would give the Phillies credibility so free agents would want to sign here?

hes posted approximately 700 times in the last year or two that the phillies were the clear favorite for at least one of machado/harper and that they were on an even playing field with the yanks sox dodgers etc...

they might not even be on the white sox level

MDS

i never in 100 years said that they were on an even playing field with those teams....im not even sure what that means. they are positioned to get 1 because they could (potentially) outspend those teams. as it turns out they only need to outspend 1 to get MM. harper they might be competing against themselves.

Quote from: BDN on December 20, 2018, 02:22:32 PM

that was part of why they signed him (it didnt work, hoskins cant play LF), but i have no idea what that has to do with needing to outbid everyone to get MM. it wasnt always going to be as simple as outbidding...they were going to have to show they were on the right path to winning, make him feel like hes not walking into a minor league clubhouse, have some guys he could connect with, etc. thats what santana was about.

segura and mccutchen sort of assume that role now. but more so they won 80 games last year, have gotten slightly better this winter and can pitch it to manny that with him theyre winning 90+ games. plus, give him more money than anyone has ever got.

Rome

$400M should get it done.  All the cancer pusher has to do is cut the check. 

MDS

no MM decision until 2019

happy new year

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 20, 2018, 04:00:42 PM
$400M should get it done.  All the cancer pusher has to do is cut the check.

396 for the yankees

MDS

well if joel sherman throws it deep into a notes column, you know its true

SD

You're like a Trump supporter

#MPGA