Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

yusef hawkins doc on hbo is worth watching...and timely.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

now huey newton was slain and we all felt the pain of yusef hawkins...now they was mad but we was squakin...they tried to show a false compassion cause at the rally they tried to bash in our brains further addin to the bloodstains...I was mad at this news and so was my brothers
and I wanted to get violent but im a lover of black mothers...and black mothers needs sons not children who been killed by guns
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 17, 2020, 01:41:20 PM
now huey newton was slain and we all felt the pain of yusef hawkins...now they was mad but we was squakin...they tried to show a false compassion cause at the rally they tried to bash in our brains further addin to the bloodstains...I was mad at this news and so was my brothers
and I wanted to get violent but im a lover of black mothers...and black mothers needs sons not children who been killed by guns

i first heard of yusef hawkins in a chubb rock song.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SD

New Borat movie has some great rips on Trump and the republicans. The Giuliani scene was farging creepy. Blatantly obvious what he was doing.

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on October 23, 2020, 05:32:44 PM
New Borat movie has some great rips on Trump and the republicans. The Giuliani scene was farging creepy. Blatantly obvious what he was doing.

thought it was really funny

cohen lost the voice and has taken the character up a little too much but still great. the running of the americans at the end broke me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

watched the big short for the 100th time this week...that farging movie never gets old and if anything gets better each time...definitely a top ten all time movie for me

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 29, 2020, 01:09:24 PM
watched the big short for the 100th time this week...that farging movie never gets old and if anything gets better each time...definitely a top ten all time movie for me

Was thinking about this movie the other day but couldn't remember what it was called.

ice grillin you

blown the man down - great atmospheric murder suspense...sadly the kind of small movie that isnt really made anymore - 7.5/10

ice grillin you

a life ahead - a stupendous tear jerker about a  friendship that develops between a 12 year old Muslim boy and an 90 year old Jewish women...it's sad but what it's filled with most is hopefulness and humanity...it stars Sophia Lauren...I'll be honest in a dead or alive game I'd have pegged her dead much less still acting...her and the kid go blow blow and as great as she is I might  give the fight on pts to the kid...he's a revelation...would potentially be the best movie in any year nowadays but it's without a doubt the best movie in the year of the Vid...

8.5/10

PhillyPhreak54

Trial 4 on Netflix is outstanding.

It'll infuriate you. It shows the stench of crooked cops and racist Boston PD and legal system.

ice grillin you

yeah i watched it...maybe cause i already knew about the case but it was waaaaaay too farging long...im not sure why lately so many of these docs get stretched out so much...it ruining a lot of potentially great ones...the vow was even worse in that sense

btw semi related....one of my favorite rap songs....the first verse speaks on the infamous charles stuart murder which is talked about in trail 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8VQpxLiagw

ice grillin you

Run - really good psychological thriller carried by two great lead performances....find it on Hulu

7/10

phattymatty

fresh prince reunion was great.  quite the tear jerker.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on November 25, 2020, 12:33:02 PM
fresh prince reunion was great.  quite the tear jerker.

Yea it was...the James Avery part hit home

I knew Aunt Viv og left the show because she got pregnant but I didn't know the other stuff about her personal life or the public feud with Will.

PhillyPhreak54