Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Munson on February 24, 2013, 03:46:30 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on February 24, 2013, 03:34:25 PM
If Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar willingly, why the war? 

How was Rhaegar's marriage to the Dornish woman--I forgot her name--arranged again?  He had snubbed Tywin's offer of Cersei, and agreed to take whatshername why?  And wasn't she at the tournament at Harrenhal when Rhaegar gave Lyanna the blue rose?

I would assume that Robert and the Starks didn't know she went willingly, until Ned found her and she admitted to doing so, if that was indeed the case.

That is my bet.

Munson

http://www.hypable.com/2013/02/28/most-of-the-game-of-thrones-season-3-episode-titles-revealed/

titles for 8 of the 10 episodes have been revealed. I wouldn't read teh comments section on that page though, I'm sure people are posting spoilers
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I've now seen the first three epsiodes of season one.  It's pretty well done.   It's going to take a little while for me to see Littlefinger and not think, "why is Carcetti in Westeros?"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

I've had to go back and watch some of the first episodes to catch some of the things I didn't think were that important at the time.

Varys might be the most interesting character to me through the first two seasons. And from the previews for Season 3 it seems like he will be continuing to help Tyrion which I like.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

Varys and Littlefinger are the two most intelligent people in the series.  The show does Varys very well.   I think both Gillen's portrayal of LF and the bluntness the show gives him are off.

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on March 01, 2013, 06:41:53 PM
Varys and Littlefinger are the two most intelligent people in the series.  The show does Varys very well.   I think both Gillen's portrayal of LF and the bluntness the show gives him are off.

I've heard other people who read the books say that about Littlefinger as well....after I went back and raed the two books I do agree something seems off. But he still does a good job/Littlefinger is still a pretty interesting character as well IMO. Still hate him for what happened to Ned though.

Diomedes

Most of what I post is about the books.

Varys puzzles me.  I can't tell what motivates him.  Perhaps I just haven't reached a fuller treatment of his character yet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

He seems to be the only character that is truly motivated by "what is good for the realm", with an obvious bias towards what is also good for his own neck. On one hand he was secretly meeting and conspiring to get Dany/Viserys back to Westeros, and at the same time he was feeding Robert info on their location and offering pardon to Jorah to allow Dany to be killed. And now he seems to back Tyrion over Joffery and the rest of the Lannisters.

Diomedes

shorebird

My son just got me watching this show two weeks ago and netflix can't get their shtein here quick enough. I'm hooked. One of the best shows I've ever watched, right up there with BB, Shield, and The Wire, but not as good as Walking Dead or The Sopranos. A great and imaginative story line loaded with great and interesting characters. A lotta' tits too!

Diomedes

The show is doing a nice job, but the books are far more entertaining.  If you can stomach several thousand pages of it, that is.

Munson

Quote from: Diomedes on March 12, 2013, 06:43:14 AM
This site is good, but FULL of spoilers.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

There was another site like this I found a while ago that actually let you set your "level of knowledge", and then took away the content that would spoil anything for you. They had two drop down menus for you to choose how many books and how many seasons of the show you had seen. Wish I could find it again.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Munson on March 12, 2013, 11:54:10 PM

There was another site like this I found a while ago that actually let you set your "level of knowledge", and then took away the content that would spoil anything for you. They had two drop down menus for you to choose how many books and how many seasons of the show you had seen. Wish I could find it again.

Towerofthehand.com

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on March 13, 2013, 01:12:33 PM
Quote from: Munson on March 12, 2013, 11:54:10 PM

Towerofthehand.com

Ah, thank you sir. Good site.

I'm rewatching the first season now, well some of it...completely forgot Beric Dondarrian was the guy Ned told to go find and arrest The Mountain